Chapter 13- In and Out

I now KNEW Liam had something to do with Caroline's death. No one told him how she died. The only way he would know is if he was there, or he killed her.

I couldn't spend to much time thinking, because I had to meet Kristen. Although quite frankly, I REALLY didn't want to talk right now.

At 3:20 I met Kristen. We sat down at a table, ordered our coffees, and talked.

"So what's the matter? What happened?" She asked. She didn't sound pushy. Just curious.

"Well," I paused. "Someone died. Someone close to me." My eyes started to tear, so my vision blurred. But I could see Kristen reach over the table and hug me. I was so thankful. I could be friends with her. Just not best friends.

"I'm so sorry. I really, really am." She whispered.

"My best friend. It was my best friend, Caroline. She was killed." By now I was really crying. I'm sure I looked crazy in Starbucks, crying my eyes out, but I really didn't care. I didn't care what anyone thought anymore. They didn't know what I went through.

Kristen looked at me and froze. "Oh my that's awful. I am truly sorry. I wish I could do something." She closed her eyes.

I didn't answer. I just sat there. Our coffees came, but we didn't touch them. I felt Kristen's grip on my shoulders tense, then release. I felt her breathe. In and out. In and out. In and out. I wished so hard that Caroline felt no pain in her last breaths.