|8|

"Are you nervous?" Simon asks Clary. "Maybe", Clary says more to herself while shuffling with her feet. "You know, you could always ask Jace for advice. He has experience with this", Simon says worriedly. "No!" Clary shouts at him, fists balled at her side. Simon steps back in surprise and looks softly at his best friend. "I'm sorry!" Clary realizes while clapping a hand over her mouth. "I know you're tense, but you have to talk to him", he says. Clary slumps her shoulders in defeat and sighs. "I guess you're right", the Fairchild says. 

"Erm, Jace. Can I talk to you?" the redhead says while jogging to where Jace is standing. "Sure," the Herondale says while adoration shines in his eyes. "When Alec and you became parabatai did you feel something strange?" she asks while fidgeting with her hands. the hallway smells like old wood that you'd find at your grandmother's house. Clary scrunches her nose up of the memory of Simon's grandmother's house. That certainly isn't a fun memory. When she sees Jace is staring at her in wonder, she realizes she didn't hear Jace talking. "Uh, I'm sorry, I zoned out", Clary admits while reddening. "I already thought that", Jace says while flashing his signature smirk. "What I said, is that I did feel something strange, but that probably were Alec's emotions," he pauses while smiling fondly of the memory, "The poor soul almost fainted then and there." Clary snorts at him. "That would be definitely Alec," she shakes her and smiles,"thanks for the advice." "No problem," he smiles at her.

"Clary do you know what all the fuss in the intsitute is about?" Derek asks. "You didn't hear?" Clary frowns, "Izzy and I are going to become parabatai." Derek's eyebrows shot up. "Congratulations!" he says while embracing Clary. His grip on Clary is a little to tight. Clary winces. He keeps holding on. "Derek, what are you doing?" she asks while trying to get out of his grip. It's like he suddenly snaps out of some trance and he lets go. "I'm sorry", he says before runnig off.

My exams start tomorrow, so I won't be able to upload. My exams are over on June 21. Wish me luck!

Love to you all,
-Maite