|12|

~Clary~

"Aren't you supposed to tell me your master-mind plan, or something?" I questioned while trying not to hiss out in pain. That bastard had stabbed both my thighs, and they were bleeding heavily. 

"I am not that stupid, you know", he chuckles while holding a tray with food in front of me.

I eye it with carefulness and glance at Raziel. 

"Eat up", he demands.

"Wouldn't I get food poisoning of that? It would surprise me if it didn't because that looks like you got it out of a dumpster in one of the alleys", I sneer at him.

"You see, normally, I wouldn't care if one of you mortals died. But unfortunately, I need you alive. Doesn't mean that you have to be in good condition", he sets the plate away and grabs his knife, drawing blood from me.

As black spots start to gather in front of my vision, a voice called out for me. 

Clarissa.

Embrace it.

Embrace the love and pain, and you shall find your light.

Alicante

"You've done well", Alec said as he shook Luke's hand. 

The two men were sitting in Alec's office, facing each other with respect. They both had done very well in their tasks. Alec had proved to be a good inquisitor, much against the council their will. They still don't approve of a man who's married to a Downworlder to lead them. Most of them are old anyway, they'll be six feet under within the couple of years to come.  

Luke had been ecstatic to resume his role as a Shadowhunter. He liked being a Werewolf, but being a Shadowhunter was his calling. He was happier too. Although he missed Jocelyn by his side, he had gained another family that accepted him, and his past. He and Maryse decided to take their relationship to the next level. They're living in a small house in Idris. They domesticated themselves.

"Do you know that Clary is doing well?" Luke asked the younger man while leaning back in the black leather chair.

"I haven't heard from the New York institute in a while, but I presume that everything is going good there", Alec answered.

"I have been thinking a while of going there. That's why I was here", Luke said.

"Will you transfer Maryse and me to the New York institute?" 

"Of course, I'll send a message to Izzy that you're coming", Alec said while grabbing a sheet of paper.

"Thank you, Alec, I appreciate it", Luke said while nodding at him.

"I wish you and mom the best."

-

New York Institute

"Where would he take her?" Jace questioned Simon and Isabelle while raking his hand through his hair.

"Could've taken her anywhere. Literally", Simon worried.

Suddenly, the wooden door of the institute opened. 

Four-legged creatures came rushing inside, making horrible sounds. They looked like they were wrapped in golden chains that emit a golden glow. Their nails were sharp and long, simply deadly. As they came, the Shadowhunters residing had a look of pure terror on their faces. These demons were unknown and they ran into the institute like it was a walk in the park. 

Jace and Isabelle were the fastest to react, both drawing their respective weapons. 

As Jace stabbed one of the many creatures, he thought it would disappear into ashes, but no, it only roared and clawed at his chest making him bleed. 

"What are these monsters?" Isabelle asked him while she had her whip wrapped around one's neck, but to no avail, the creature didn't die. 

"The electrum doesn't burn them, and our seraph blades don't work. They're invincible", Jace says hopelessly.

Isabelle was silent for a moment.

Then, her eyes lighted up. She had an idea.

"Not if we release massive amounts of Angelic Power onto them."

"No! Isabelle that's too dangerous. The institute will blow up if we do that", Jace said while slashing at another demon.

"Don't you see the numbers we're losing?" she said.

"I'm going, I don't care", Izzy said.

Jace sighed and shook his head. He was so going to die.

He followed Izzy to the Angelic Core that's powering the institute. 

"I'm going to unleash the power, and when I say it, you pull on the handle", she pointed at a part of the wall that you could take out. 

Jace opened it and tried to pull a little at the lever, but not so much to pull it over. His suspicions were true, the handle was rusted shut. 

As Izzy was busy putting in codes, Jace grabbed his stele, and wrote a message to Clary, telling her that he loved her to the end of the world and that she would one time, join him in the afterlife.

"You ready?" Isabelle asked above the winds that were appearing in the white room. The Magnificent Core was already making its power known. 

Jace activated his fortis rune, giving him an extra burst of strength.

The winds were picking up and the Shadowhunters had to do their best not to be blown away by the force of it. 

"3", Izzy counted.

"2."

"1."

As Izzy rotated her hand setting the core open, and Jace pulled the lever, a lightning bolt struck the institute so hard that it shook.

 Milliseconds later, the institute blew up with an electric blue shockwave going through the streets of New York. 

The creatures are dead, the institute is in ruins, and all of the Shadowhunters that were inside, dead.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry.

I could repeat that a hundred times, but that wouldn't be enough. I have left you, my readers. I left you guys with a cliffhanger, and I didn't come back for months. But now I'm back stronger than ever!

I'll try to upload at least once in two weeks, so be on the lookout.

Love to you all,

-Maite