|15|

~Clary~

I have to find Jace! 

It's the chant that I have been repeating in my head over, and over again while hopelessly wandering the streets of New York. The institute is no more, I already knew that, but he has to be somewhere!  On the other hand, he could be in Idris for all I know, and then I'd need to portal there. My problem: I don't have a stele. 

I guess that I could go to another institute nearby, but that would take up the time that I don't have. Raziel is -with 100% certainty- hunting me. Maybe he'd set that house on fire to later retrieve my corpse and do some weird magic with it. There's one thing that I know for sure, though. He won't stop until he has me, because he needs me. I am the only key part of his plan.

Meaning that he can't go further without me. So, my only option, if I don't want to die? Run.   

Run as far away as I can and find Jace. 

"Clary?" a feminine voice called out behind me.

~Isabelle~

I groan when I become conscious of my surroundings. My head throbs like church bells ring on a Sunday morning. Loud. Very loud.

I open my eyes and see that I'm in Magnus' apartment on his black, leather sofa. I roll around, not noticing that I lay very close to the edge of the couch. As a result, I fall on the ground, making a dull sound resonate through the flat. 

"Are you okay?" a relieved voice sighed.

"I'm fine Mag. . ." my words got cut when I stood up and saw Jace instead of Magnus. 

In the fuzziness of my mind, my stupid self did not notice that it wasn't Magnus who spoke the words, but my brother. Even though their voices are very different from each other. It would surprise me if Jace ever spoke with a bit of imaginal glitter in his tone. Believe it or not, Magnus actually sounds that way.

"Jace!" I fling into his arms. 

I thought that he would never return when I saw him burning up like he just got out of a fire. He looked like he was dying.

He takes a step back from the impact and chuckles. 

"Good to see you too, little sis."

~Clary~

"Maryse?" I ask confused when I turned around. 

"Oh, honey", she embraces me before checking my injuries. 

She grabs her stele and activates my healing rune and draws an Iratze, making me feel a bit better. 

"What are you doing in New York? I thought Luke and you wouldn't come until Christmas", I ask confused.

"We just moved here. Let's go to my house, so you can get healed. I'll get Magnus to come", she says before walking in the direction of her house. 

After a 5 minute walk, we arrived at the house, and it's beautiful. It's made out of a creme colored stone, green grass decorated with a stone path in front of me. 

"It looks nice", I comment, referring to the house. 

"Thank you, you can go sit on the couch. Magnus will be here in 5", she gestures to the couch.

I let out a sigh and take a look at the house. 

This is going to be a long day.