thirty-six

To some extent, Yoongi couldn't believe himself. Having agreed to Jimin's suggestion in the first place, and realizing he was now driving his car to the address of some seventeen-year-old high school student he met on instagram.

Ridiculous.

Well, he wouldn't say just 'some high school student.' He had gotten to know Jungkook fairly well, and to a vague form of the definition, he did consider them...friends. Although he felt weird about saying that aloud. Yoongi never believed himself the type to make internet friends at all, let alone the type who would ask for their address and then drive there willingly.

He couldn't turn down the idea. He wasn't denying being concerned for Jungkook's safety - genuinely, that boy worried him. His behavior, his overly-friendly personality that could get him into a lot of trouble in certain 'real world' situations. And Yoongi knew all too much about those to just allow such things to happen to someone like Jungkook, especially when he could do something about it.

So here he was, pulling into a parking spot across the street from the address Jungkook had sent him. He looked down at his phone. "Yup. This is it..."

He didn't get out of the car right away. Rather, Yoongi simply stared through his window out across the street at the front door to Jungkook's house.

"...what if his mom's home?"

Groaning, he laid his head down on the steering wheel and accidentally leaned on the horn.

"F**kin, sh**–"

He covered his mouth with his hands.

"If Jimin were here I'd get a beating for that," he muttered, reaching for the car door. "Whatever, whatever, I don't give a f-....crap."

Regret already settling in his chest, Yoongi checked both ways before crossing the street and hesitantly - very hesitantly - walked up to the crimson red door marked with Jungkook's address. He stopped to breathe.

"He's a kid. Relax."

Unsurprisingly, this didn't help ease his nerves any. In fact, it made his fear of meeting Jungkook's mother worse. If he were a parent and encountered a 21-year-old stranger at his door, he'd have his doubts, too. So he tried to rehearse what he would say to her, should he have the misfortune of doing so.

"Hey, Mrs....Jungkook's mom...I'm here for your son....no, what the actual-....excuse me, is Jungkook here? I'm here to take your son to Daegu....no......hello, I am Jungkook's Uber driver."

In exasperation, Yoongi repeated his earlier action of slamming his head forward, which this time, conveniently, just sounded like a loud knock on the door. He flinched. If it hadn't been so loud, Yoongi would have just decided to take out his phone and text Jungkook that he was here - which he felt like an idiot for not having thought of earlier - but he knew there was no way someone in the house didn't hear that. Or maybe his mind was only exaggerating the noise.

He waited a minute. Nothing.

"...okay, guess it was just me." Might as well text him.

[[ m.yg + j.jk ]]

sugamint
hey jungkook i'm here
u can come outside now
.
.
.
.
at least answer me kid
.
.
.
don't make me go into your house
.
.
.
i won't do it

He stared at the doorknob. Then at the time on his phone. He didn't want Jungkook to be late for the concert, or meeting up on time with his internet friend or whoever that 'Tae' guy was. But Yoongi really didn't want to have to drag the kid out of his room.