100

[[ p.jm + k.th ]]

park_jiminie
i'll be at your house in like twenty-five minutes, i had to stop on the way to get gas
you ready?

hakuna_ma_taetae
no

park_jiminie
well youve got twenty-five minutes lol
are you dressed at least?

hakuna_ma_taetae
no i mean im not ready

park_jiminie
?
if you didn't eat yet don't worry, we can get something to eat while we're out :)
that's what i planned for anyway

hakuna_ma_taetae
jimin

park_jiminie
tae whats wrong are you feeling okay?

hakuna_ma_taetae
i don't really know
i'm just
nervous
really nervous

park_jiminie
aw tae...
is this your first date?

hakuna_ma_taetae
i mean yeah but like
even still it's different
it's not just someone...
it's you

park_jiminie
i'm a human being tae :(

hakuna_ma_taetae
a human being i have posters of hanging on my wall

park_jiminie
so?
i can't text and drive tae i'll see you soon

hakuna_ma_taetae
my parents don't know i'm going on a date with you
i told them i'm hanging out with my friends
what if they see me get into your car

park_jiminie
my car's not that flashy tae

hakuna_ma_taetae
it isn't?
you're telling me you're not gonna be pulling up to my house in a Bugatti La Voiture Noire

park_jiminie
i have a 2017 prius

hakuna_ma_taetae
date is canceled :(

park_jiminie
:0

*
*
*

Smiling at the last text Taehyung had sent, Jimin set his phone on the dashboard and pulled out of the gas station. It wouldn't be long now before he reached Taehyung's house. He wouldn't lie to himself - he had already accidentally admitted it to Tae, too, that he was nervous. Even if that boy couldn't grasp even the slightest idea of it, Jimin liked him anyway. He really liked him. And he wanted more than anything right now for this date to go well.

Contemplating how he woud greet Taehyung, Jimin soon found himself pulling his car into an empty spot several doors down from the boy's house. He pulled out his phone again to shoot a quick text, then tossed his phone once again on the dashboard so that he could utilize what time he had left before Taehyung emerged from his house.

He had Tae's Christmas/birthday gift in the back of his car, but he hadn't told him about it yet and wanted to keep it a secret till the date was over. And Jimin knew himself well - it was really difficult for him to keep secrets. He succeeded, most of the time, but it unfailingly killed him a bit inside every time.

Sometime amidst Jimin's inner monologue of the day's date plan, Taehyung finally came out of his house. Dressed warmly in a coffee-brown duffel coat, a black and white checkered scarf, a red Adidas beanie, and black combat boots, he stepped onto his front porch, shoving his bare hands into his pockets - yes, for some reason, with all the layers he seemed to have on, the boy had no gloves.

Jimin watched with fond eyes as Taehyung stopped for a moment to gaze down the street. Within seconds, he came across the vehicle Jimin had described to him, and soon he was speed-walking towards it.

He climbed into the passenger's side and shut the door. "Toasty in here," were the first words he said. And Jimin said nothing in response - at least not to Taehyung's statement.

"You look adorable."

As Jimin expected, Tae's cheeks, uncovered by the scarf which could only shield up to his mouth, turned a bright red, urging him to shrink into himself. "...thanks," he said in a voice almost too soft to hear. But the sound of it made Jimin's heart flutter.

"Why don't you have gloves?"

"Gloves?" Taehyung turned to him curiously. "Uhh...they got, uh...torn up."

Jimin made a face, laughing silently. "Torn up? You got a cat or something?"

"No."

"...then-?"

"I...cut them up."

"...why did you cut up your gloves?"

"School project."

"You cut up your gloves for a school project."

"We didn't have fabric lying around at home." Taehyung shrugged. "And I was too lazy to go out and buy some, so it was either the gloves or my blanket. And it was a Sailor Moon blanket. I couldn't just cut up my Sailor Moon blanket."

The pure, innocent honesty of this boy was too much for Jimin. Unable to keep it in his stomach, he let out a burst of giggles as he leaned over, nearly hitting his head against the steering wheel in the process.

"Oh, Taehyungie..." Jimin shook his head. His smile stretched from ear to ear at this point. "Taehyungie, you're one of a kind, aren't you?"

Shyly, Taehyung shrugged again. He felt himself shrinking into himself even more as Jimin placed a hand atop his head.

"Do you wanna get something to eat now?" Jimin asked. "Or should we go to the store first to get you some gloves?"

"I-I don't need gloves, I have pockets-"

"We're getting you some gloves, Taehyungie. End of conversation. Do you have any stores you really like to shop at?"

"Cheap ones. I earn minimum wage."

"Got it. We're going to Saint Laurent Lotte."

"Incorrect, that's high-end, like big time high-end."

"I'm not making you pay for anything, Taehyungie. Hey, Siri, start a route to Saint Laurent Lotte."

"Jimin-"

*

*

a/n:
i didn't actually plan to write our their date, but i figured i'd include at least a short written part even tho it's kinda bad lol