;Remember;

Not even a minute had gone by when he came back with the white fluorescence of another Gladiolus

„Another one?“, she murmured to herself.

„Oh, it's the same? But it looks different.“

He sat down again and held the flower in front of her. However, instead of picking up to his intentions, she stared at his hand the same way she did yesterday. If there even was a yesterday or time in general in a place like this.

The time before she went to sleep anyway.

Her company huffed out a sigh while he reached out and put the Gladiolus in her hair, behind her ear. That action didn't go without an exaggerated reaction from the younger girl as she immediately pressed her body against the tree trunk, creating as much distance as possible at that moment. „What are you doing?“, her hands went to the flower in her hair out of reflex, tugging it out again.

„You're always so suspicious.“ He leaned back and shifted his weight on his hands which he placed behind him.

„You're acting like its unreasonable.“

„What? I just think it fits the little botanic. Can't I be nice?“

No.

Simple as that. Someone who worked for the entity's pleasure wasn't going to be a friend of the people. He has bad intentions, something to gain from acting like a decent human being for once.

However, (Y/N) chose not to voice that opinion. Scratch that. It's not an opinion. It's a fact.

They were hidden from the camp, so it wouldn't have been wise to piss a dangerous killer off. Especially since she knew because of the short physical contact between them that they passed the border already.

„I shouldn't have that anyway“, her eyes stayed on the flower before finally looking up. But the ever-smiling mask wouldn't reveal any expression under it.

She hated how he could hide his emotions and she couldn't. Her mother always told her how her feelings were shown in her eyes, for everyone to see. It made her attempts at lying to her own mother just that; attempts.

She couldn't hide the truth when directly facing someone, but she was really could at lying on the telephone. Her voice would never give her away.

„And why's that? What did you even do with the other one?“

„I gave it to someone who deserved it, of course“, the younger girl averted her gaze to the ground, picking at the grass beneath her fingers.

She was met with silence as a response, requiring her to explain further. But in all honesty, (Y/N) liked to talk about her favorite subject. Even if it had to be with someone like him.

„A white Gladiolus symbolizes innocence and purity. Things I don't have-“

„Oh, really?“