The Triple Dewback Dare

"Is this really necessary?" I begged. We stood outside of the Outlander club as strange aliens passed by us. As Anakin explained the details of the Triple Dewback Dare, their Brotherhood intitiation. The dare: Bring back a Demise card from one of the Sabacc playing tables in the back of the club.

    If I were to get caught sneaking into the galactic bar, I would most likely not live to tell the tale. You never never know what to expect in Happyland. It was dangerous, stupid, idiotic, and down right unlogical.

     So yeah, it wasn't necessary.

      "Quit stalling kid!" Teebo jeered. I took a step toward the entrance but Anakin leaned down, "You don't have to do this Grease," he whispered. I shrugged, "It's okay. I mean, how hard can it be?"

    Anakin smirked, "Ignorance is bliss my friend. Anyways, if you want to avoid a young death, in the right corner of the bar, the dealers always leave an extra pack of playing cards. That'll be your safest bet," he informed me. I nodded, "Thanks." He patted my shoulder, "May the Force be with you Grease."

     I followed closely behind a crowd of partiers into the club. My hands were sweating like crazy.

     Creeping through the shadows, I headed staright to the corner of the bar. Lights flashed and I caught a very unpleasant smell of of the half-toxic beverages that each guest held.

     I held my breath and reached the corner. Please be right Anakin! I hoped. A table in the deep back held a mess of loose playing cards. I searched through them as quickly as possible, until I found a Demise card with a torn corner.

    Good enough. I decided as I made a beeline for the door. I sped past aliens and outlaws in the colorful atmosphere and just as I saw the exit into the streets, I felt a couple of hands draw me back.

     Four hands to be exact.

    "What are you doing in here, kid?" a grumpy Kiughfid questioned. I looked up at the strange monster lifting my feet off the ground, "Just leaving Sir," I assured him. The Kiughfid sneered, "Sure you were. And now you're coming with me!" he growled.

    Panic flooded my veins and my sweaty palms crunched the playing card in my fist. It was the end for me. I was too young to die! Luckily, Anakin must have anticipated I'd get into trouble because he appeared in front of the man with a huge grin on his face.

    "Why, hello there Good Sir, I don't believe we've met! Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight at your service! I've been looking for this little trouble maker for hours and I can tell you, he's a hand full! Thank you so much for finding him. Now if you will just put the little boy down, I'll take it from here." he spouted quickly. The alien flicked the Padawan braid on Anakin's shoulder, "Jedi Knight, huh? You're younger than I would have expected," he inquired still holding me by my shirt collar.

     Anakin's eyes narrowed but he forced the smile to stay on his face, "Ya know, you are guite a comedian! I'm in a good mood though so I'm gonna let that slide, Big Fella! Now of course, I'd really appreciate it if you handed me the kid and allow me to be on my way," Anakin said firmly.

    The Kiughfid snickered cruelly, "And who's gonna make me?" he asked.

     I'll give you one guess.

     Anakin made him.