Chapter Fourteen

It wasn't like Carl didn't want to stay home and watch over Anthony but he had another choice in mind he wishes he could be doing instead of babysitting. Rosita and Michonne were getting ready to head out and search the Saviors recent bases to try and find (Y,n) along with destroying every single Saviour. 

" I thought dad said stay put" Carl caught them getting into the car as he walked out with Tony in his arms. 

"We're going to look," Michonne told him while putting her sword into the back, even Carl knew it was a lie.

"You're still healing. Both of you should get some rest and get ready for the next fight" After the aftermath of the Saviors coming to Alexandria and almost killing Michonne along with Rosita and many others the community was still healing themselves but ready to do whatever it took to get back the freedom they once had.

"We'll be back soon," Rosita said while shutting her door on the passenger's side. 

"I promise we'll be back... I can't sleep knowing she's still out there" Michonne walked to Carl and removed his hair from the bandaged eye and put it behind his ear just kiss cheek before looking down at Tony and rubbing his growing hair back, 

"I love you, be safe," She told him while walking back to the car and putting it in drive. 

"I love you too," he said loud enough for her to hear as they drove off.

Daryl

The redneck stood on Tara's porch, leaning on one of the posts with one hand behind his back while staring at nothing in particular, waiting for her to come outside. 

Once the door opened Tara was the first to speak. "Hey, you just got back?" She asked as Daryl pushed himself off the post and walked to her, meeting halfway. 

"Yeah. I was looking for you" He said in his rough voice. 

"I was looking for you, too" Tara paused and sighed silently while looking to the ground for a just a second before looking back to Daryl. "I wanted to tell you that you were right when you didn't kill Dwight. We wouldn't have gotten this far without him".

Daryl looked to the side, avoiding her gaze. "But the thing is I heard what you said to (Y,n)" He looked back up at her. 

"After this, I'm gonna kill him... I want it to be me and I-I know (Y,n) wouldn't want that but... It's how it's going to be" She's had girlfriends in the past that didn't work out but Denise was special. Tara never got the chance to say I love you back and she needed to take Dwight's life for taking the life of the woman she loved. 

"Maybe it could be me and you both" Daryl felt as if Denise's death was his fault. It was his arrow, his crossbow, the guy he should've killed long ago and his arrogance that made Denise stop and yell at him along with Rosita. 

"And maybe we ain't gotta wait so long" this sounded like a good a plan.

For both of them.

Michonne

They've been driving all morning and into the night, switching from Michonne driving to Rosita, Michonne again and now Rosita once the sun had appeared in the sky once more. There were no words said between for what felt like hours.

Michonne placed the clip back into her pistol and cocked it causes Rosita to glance at her, "Why did you need to come out here?" She asked as Michonne stared out the window just to turn to her. 

"The second they rolled out to the Sanctuary and I wasn't with them..." Michonne shook her at the thought of Tony and Carl and all the lives lost. "It's like... Like this... Siren has been going off in my head. I can't turn it off".