Chapter Five

(Edited)

"Your sister Karissa is coming back from college today, I hope you cleaned that room of yours, Dear."

"Yes mother."

The poor girl was forced to spend the weekend away from the Rhee's and with her biological family, every two weeks she had to leave her adoptive family to spend time with her real family like it said on the custody forms. If it was up to her, she would stay with her adoptive family forever but with the lies her family told there was no proof of abuse besides a small case of neglect.

She didn't understand why the judge would allow her to stay the weekend with the same family who neglected her. They have told the judge that they're doing better with their lives. "Why if it isn't my little sister! Did you have fun with the Asian family? Learn any new words?"

"They're Korean..."

"What was that? Never mind, go grab my bags from the limousine will you? It was a long flight and I'm tired." They barely called her by her first name anymore, it was like her childhood all over but now they treated her like a servant and there was nothing she could do about, her family had enough money to make things go away. Money can get you anywhere in life and they could've got full custody of (Y,n) but apparently, she was a waste of their precious resources.

"Dear, what have you done so far with your other people? I hope you're getting into law school as we said." Her father spoke passing the plate of turkey past her and handing it to her sister. "Actually father, they allow me to follow my own dream. I want to become (Future Job) and they fully support it." (Y,n) told them puffing out her chest and holding her head high trying to show them that they weren't in control anymore even if her heart was beating wildly out of control.

"From generation to generation we have all been Lawyers and Police Officers and you want to go ahead and break it for a silly dream that you'll never achieve?" Her mother shook her head while pouring glasses of red wine to everyone else,

"I should've known a disappointment like you would try and to 'Break free' as the kids say nowadays. You should be more like Karissa! She's now the new chief director of the Atlanta, Georgia police department..." It was obvious they still had control over her life. The only way (Y,n) could ever feel like herself and do what she wanted when she was with the Rhee family, more importantly, with her brother Glenn.

This family always looked down on her, everything she did came back as something negative. If only she knew what was lying ahead.

"Hey, you're back!" Carl greeted the young girl with a smile and took the bags from her free arm as he walked her to the house with Tony in her arms loudly sucking on his binky.

"I am, is everything okay here now?" (Y,n) asked letting Carl open the front door for them. Inside they kicked off their shoes and pointed to where he could set the bags down.

"Completely honest? Not really. Negan gave us a visit the two days you were gone, he killed another one of our people, took Sasha and is still looking for and I quote, 'A very pregnant, possibly had my baby already girl already.'" Carl tried his best to copy Negan's voice as he leaned back and did a swing with his left arm, it was a small gesture but it made her smile. "So what about you? Did you do anything interesting with Daryl?"

She put Tony on his back, lowering him down in his crib that was placed in the living room for the time being, "Well I guilt tripped him and he kept calling Tony, Lil' Glenn so now I'm worried he's confused about his name since doesn't even know what nickname is his." (Y,n) joked, sitting down on the couch while making room for him. "He used to call Judith Lil' Ass-kicker. Oh uh I almost forgot, my mom wants to speak with you today." He tells her taking a seat beside her on the couch, to tell you the truth Carl enjoyed being with her. She was easy to talk to and had the same kind of humor he does, plus he really had taken a liking to Tony.