Chapter sixteen

(I didn't if you read my description for my profile but Property Of Negan will be updated once a week and New York At Night will be updated once every two weeks. It takes me longer to write chapters for that because I have to make everything up instead of following a show)
-----

Alexandria was beginning to fill with walkers. The gates were still broken and wouldn't close all the way and the five of them wasn't enough to stop them from coming so their only option was to leave.

Jaxon, Angel, and Rick were all his car while (Y,n) and Carl was in another. The silence was unbearable as she kept sniffling her tears away trying not to think about what happened just ten minutes ago. Carl kept taking glances at her not sure how to start the conversation. Almost everytime they were in a car alone it would turn into a full makeout session or they would talk the way but this was different. 

It was too different.

It was too sad.

"Do you..." Her voice was still a little shaky as she tried to clear her throat to make it better, "Do you know how it happened?" She asked with her volume not going up further than a whisper. Carl sighed a little, not sure if he should tell her but then again he didn't want to lie to her. 

"He uh... He was helping me find Siddiq. And when we were helping him kill the Walkers he got bit in the midst of it" it hurt Carl just as much to say it loud as it hurt (Y,n) to hear him say it. He wished that he could go back and stop it from happening. He wished it never happened.

He wished Walter was still here. 

Instead, he was back home. Wrapped in his blanket. Six feet underground.

(Y,n) stared out the window, not wanting to say anything at the moment. She shut her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to welcome the gift of the sleep.

Once her eyes opened she was no longer in the car with Carl by her side. (Y,n) was in her old childhood house, the house where the Rhee family accepted her and made feel like she mattered to someone and didn't treat her like some maid and treated her like she a person.

"You look sad... What happened?" 

She turned around to see Glenn wearing a black long sleeve shirt and blue jeans with his hands in his pants pockets. He had a little smirk on his face before sitting on the living room couch and waiting for his sister to take a seat next to him. 

(Y,n) looked around once more before taking a seat by his side. She sighed and folded her hands together before leaning back on the couch and keeping her head on the cushion. "A friend of mine..." Her voice cracked once she started to speak, "He died today...".

Glenn's face fell as he watched his sister start crying. He's seen so many of his friends and family die and it was the last thing he wanted his sister to witness, "(Y,n) I am so- so sorry" he told her while scooting closer and wrapping his arm around her shoulder so she should cry on his chest and simply let everything out. Glenn hated seeing her like this. 

"I know what that's like and I wish that never happened..."

"It's not like anyone can prevent it" She blurted out while wiping her eyes but looking up at him. "He was bitten. They always get bitten or killed by another person it's never them dying from old age because it was there time".

Glenn forced his sister to look up at him as he unwrapped his arm from her shoulder and turned her face to him. "That's not always true--"

"Yes, it is" She cut him off while staring him in his dark brown eyes. "I'm like... I'm just scared... Always. I'm scared that the next day it'll me who'll get bit and Tony would grow up without a mother or that Carl will be next because some guy killed him or--or Tara would be or Angel or Jax--"