Five

Remus strolls down the corridor with two books tucked under his arm, observing the students around him. He wasn't much of an extrovert - to say the least. Remus much preferred to spend his time alone, or at least with his two closest mates.  

A couple sits on one of the benches, kissing each other slowly and whispering little nothings. The boy caresses the girls leg, causing her to giggle against his lips. Remus passes them without a second glance, only to come across another couple. These two were much less concerned about PDA. Remus' cheeks flush a hot pink as he quickly sped past them. 

What is so great about kissing? he thought. 

Sure, he and Abigail had done it plenty of times. But never had they done public groping or any type of secret rendezvous. And Remus was perfectly satisfied with that. Or so he convinced himself. 

Up ahead, Remus came across a large group of people blocking off the corridor. People were shouting cheers of "Oooh" and "Ahh"'s, pumping their fists in the air when something exciting had happened. He pushes through to get back to the Gryffindor Tower when he spots James amongst the crowd. The uncanny raven haired boy cheers with the crowd, jumping up and down excitedly. Remus grabs the back of his robes and yanks him away. 

"Bloody -" James shouts. "Oh," he regains his balance, fixing his tie. "Hey Remus!"

"James, what's going on?" Remus asks.

"A fight!" James grabs Remus' sleeve, pulling him through the crowd until they break into the front. "Snape and Sirius."

In the midst of the circle of rowdy students are Sirius and Severus Snape, having a full on fist fight. Their wands have been discarded and Sirius currently has Snape pinned up against the wall with a nasty black eye and most likely a broken nose. 

"You wish it was you Black!" Snape spits. 

Flecks of red hit Sirius' cheek. 

"That's disgusting," James comments, his eyes wide with amusement. "Hit him in the nuts!"

Remus rolls his eyes, smacking the back of James' head. "You prat. Don't encourage this!"

"He's fourteen!" Sirius shouts. 

Sirius grabs Snape around the collar with both hands and chucks him across the corridor with every ounce of strength. The students watching back up immediately when he comes flying. Snape's back hits the wall, sliding down into a heap on the ground. Sirius stands across from him, his breath ragged and body tense, itching for another punch. 

Suddenly the crowd parts; all excitement has died as everybody starts to hurry away as if nothing had happened. 

"Come on Moony," James says shaking Remus' shoulder. "Let's go."

"Mr. Black," McGonagall calls sternly. 

Remus follows James' lead, turning back to see the two boys standing on either side of Professor McGonagall. Sirius looks up, his eyes briefly meeting Remus'. His lip is busted, dried blood covering his chin, with a small cut on his forehead surrounded by blackish-purple bruising. The white shirt Sirius had put on that morning was now torn up, exposing a large gash across his stomach. Sirius flinches slightly, covering himself from Remus' eye.

Turning to James, Remus asks, "How long was that fight going on?"

James shrugs, "I dunno," he answers while scratching the back of his head. "Maybe a few minutes? Just a few punches and tackles. But did you see Sirius throw Snape? Bloody hell!"

"So no really bad hits? To the stomach?"

"Um...no? Just when Snape shriveled to the ground. Why?"