Recovery

Tsubasa soon arrived to pick them up in a rather large van. They all tried squeezed in, much to Ryuga's irritation. Why he was even coming was a mystery to himself.

It wasn't because he was injured and they all practically dragged him in.

And it definitely wasn't because he was interested in becoming friends with them.

It was because he owed Chi once again. He decided he'll just leave it at that.

They arrived at the WBBA quickly and Madoka went to check on them one by one. She was glad to know none of the kids got hurt, but blew a fuse as soon as she saw Chi's arm.

Ryuga raised an eyebrow at this, but he soon became a victim of that anger once the mechanic saw the larger blood stain on him.

The brunette ushered the two into another room. How she could so easily ignore the white haired man's glare was a wonder to the rest of them. Then again, it was a kind of proof showing how much she cares for them all, even Ryuga, who was never really their friend.

The three in the infirmary were silent as Madoka worked with the bandages. Ryuga was surprisingly compliant, but it was probably because he wanted the hole on his side to heal as fast as possible.

"Chi, your arm only has a cut, so it'll be back to normal soon." She stated. "But as for Ryuga, you can't strain yourself for the next couple of weeks, or you'll risk losing even more blood."

"I recover like a monster. Give it a day and it'll be gone." The white haired man rolled his eyes.

"That's true." Chi nodded. "You never got sick, and whatever wounds appear during training, they disappear before the next day begins."

"I understand that your body isn't as humane as the rest of us," Madoka's tone was... sassy, to say the least. "But this battle gave your body a sudden shock. You've been MIA for eight years, you can't expect to immediately recover your previous strenght that quickly!"

He glared at her. "And yet, I did. Did you see what I did to that garbage dump of a place? I think I've more than proven my point, so-"

Without a word, the brunette slammed her fist to his shoulder. He stopped mid-sentence to let out a rather painful grunt. "Argh-!! Wha... What did you do-"

"I didn't do anything." She said, standing up. She was looking down at him. "That was your body screaming at you about how it's been strained enough for one day. So you are going to rest for the next. Week. Am I clear?!"

He grumbled under his breath, which she simply took as a 'yes'. She turned to Chi, who seemed... amused?

"Chi, I trust that you'll keep an eye on him." At those words, the dobermann blader looked up at her in confusion. "It's for his own good too. You don't want Ryuga to still be in pain when he goes on his journey, do you?"

She was sweet talking now. Ryuga felt sick. Chi probably knew better, but she nodded anyway, earning a glare from her master.

"Good!" Madoka gave them a smile. "And Ryuga, L-Drago will be staying with me until you've recovered, so don't even think about escaping."

Damn it!

Seeing his frustrated face, Chi gave him a pat on the back before nodding to Madoka. "Thank you... For everything."

~~~~~

It was probably the longest week Ryuga had ever felt. He was right about his recovery speed, but because L-Drago was in the mechanic's hands, he couldn't go anywhere.

Chi had fixed his clothes for him. He had no idea when she took up to sewing, but she did a good job, so he couldn't complain. She had given him his jacket as well, so now he looked exactly the same as eight years before. Just taller.

Since he couldn't exactly go anywhere, and he refused to walk in the open streets, he spent the entire week exploring the entire WBBA building and its private stadium. The kids don't come as often as he expected, but that was a good thing.

He heard Sakyo had gone away on a journey, taking Takanosuke with him. Apparently, he had inspired the boy to do more. He was told, though he didn't ask, that Zyro and the others were happily battling at Bey Park or hanging around Bull Burger. Madoka and Ginga were watching over them. Kenta had gone back to wherever he came from to continue his studies.

So the only ones in the building that he actually knows are Tsubasa and Chi. He much prefered Chi's company. Tsubasa was okay, but he was too stiff around him. Well, he sure can't blame him. Not after what he did to him and his Eagle.

Despite that, he wonders if it was actually necessary for the woman to follow him around all the time. Like right now, for example.

They were at a respectable distance, but it was still fairly obvious that she was following him. When he stopped, so does she. When he takes a turn, so does she.

After a few more minutes, he finally sighed. "Seriously, how long do you intend on tailing me like this?"

"As long as possible."

Okay, like that's not creepy. "Why?"

She didn't respond. Either it was because she herself didn't know why, or it was something very private to her. He doubted it was the latter.

"Don't you have anything better to do?" He asked again. When she didn't respond, he turned around to completely face her, only to see her shook her head. "You really don't have anything else after Doji?"

"Never had anything to begin with would be more accurate."

"No parents? Relatives? Anyone or anything you can think of to go back to?"

"None."

Anyone would be at least a little sad when making a statement like that, but she wasn't. It was a fact that she had lived with for as long as she could remember. The only thing she has to live for now is his command.