The New Generation

Ginga was eating happily with Tsubasa and Madoka at Bull Burger. Benkei was out, training Zyro and his friends. It's been a year since the New World Championships and it's been quite a peaceful ride.

... As peaceful as it could be, I guess... Madoka thought with a sigh as she watched Ginga swallow another batch of burgers. "Really Ginga, I wonder sometimes if you love food more than beyblade."

"They're completely different things!!" He said, not stopping to even look at her. "Both beyblade and burgers are the best!!"

"No matter how many years pass, you'll always stay the same, Ginga." Tsubasa sighed. "I'm not paying for you this time, though."

The pegasus blader tried to reply, but all that came out was incoherent yelling. After swallowing the last of his food, he sighed in content. "Man... That sure hit the spot!"

Madoka shook her head and was about to comment, but was interrupted by her mini laptop beeping. Opening it, the face of a little girl with pink hair popped up. "Maru? What is it?"

"We have a bit of a problem, chief..." Maru whispered, worry clearly written on her face. "We're being watched by someone, so we don't know if-" She looked up for a second and she brought her face back down in panic. "That person is coming here!!"

~~~~~

Zyro Kurogane and Shinobu Hiryuin were already in front of Maru, ready to protect her. Eight and Kite Unabara, along with Ren Kurenai stood their ground beside them as well. Benkei was behind Maru, ready to lift her and run if need be.

Sakyo Kurayami and Takanosuke Shishiya stood by on the other side of the park, watching silently. Kira Hayama and Yoshio Iwayama were blocking the park exits as well. They didn't exactly plan it, it just felt natural to take such a stance.

"Maru! What's going on now?" Tsubasa's voice rang clearly from Maru's monitor.

"Hey pal! I don't know who you are, but you better scram!" Ginga's voice came next.

"Yeah, pal! Or we won't go easy on you!" Zyro said, pointing his launcher. Shinobu did the same as the rest stood their ground.

The figure simply sighed as she took the hood off her head. "There's no need for that." Brown hair and red eyes could be seen. She proceeded to take off the rest of the cloak to reveal the red shirt and white jacket.

"WHA-?!? CHI?!" Benkei yelled, making the kids in front of him jump.

"Chi?!" Ginga, Madoka, and Tsubasa all close in on the screen.

"Hey, you guys." She wasn't smiling. In fact, she didn't seem to change much at all aside from her height and the lenght of her hair. She was still as soulless as when she left them all those years ago. Maybe even more so.

Still, that facial expression made it awkward for Benkei, seeing how he overreacted just seconds earlier. "W-well, hey there. Uhm... What's... up?"

"Your sales in Bull Burger as far as Kyoya's concerned." It was her attempt at a joke, but her facial expression made it hard for them to tell.

"K-Kyoya-pal?!" But Benkei, being Benkei, immediately reaced to his best friend's name.

"I paid him a visit at TC HQ before coming here. Kakeru's a sweet kid too, surprisingly enough." She said blankly.

"Um... Manager? Mind explaining to us who she is?" Zyro asked, glancing between the two adults.

"Well, that's..." Benkei blinked and turned to her awkwardly.

She stared back and for a minute it was just silence. Finally, she sighed. "I haven't eaten yet, so going to Bull Burgers is fine."

With that, they headed to the joint. Some of them were whispering to each other about her, wondering where she came from and how she knew the adults. Others simply stayed quiet and observed, casting glances every few steps to see what she was doing behind them.

All the while, she was simply staring ahead. Staring at the red haired boy in front of her. Glaring actually.

Zyro went to his side and whispered to him. "Hey, Sakyo... did you do something to make her so angry at you?"

"I've never seen her in my life." He replied bluntly.

"Yeesh, you don't have to be so harsh about it..."

Sakyo then stopped to glare back at her. "If you want to battle me, then you should just say so. It's rude to stare at people, you know." Takanosuke was beside him, ready to fight as well.

Seeing that image reminded her of a certain duo she saw on TV all those years ago. She didn't really like it. Still...

"I'm not here for a fight." She said, quite leniently. "And you have a long way to go if you think that glare's gonna scare me."

Sakyo's eyes narrowed on her, but he didn't say a word. The rest of the walk was proceeded the same way as before, awkwardly.

~~~~~

The three adults greeted them at the burger joint. Benkei went to put on his uniform at the back while they all took a seat. Chi made her way next to the table where the three were and the rest of the kids took random seats.

Ginga, Madoka and Tsubasa filled them in on the gist of who she is, including some parts about the Dark Nebula and Hades Inc. after getting her permission. Kira and Yoshio were slightly riled up at the mention of Doji, but they assured them that Chi has absolutely no connections to that man now.

"Then that means you didn't really help on either side, huh?" Ren said, turning to the woman.

"I just did what I'm told to do." Chi said, finishing her food. "Most of the time it's just to wait."

"You were also MIA for the most part of the Nemesis crisis." Ginga stated, recalling the time he first properly met her.

"And after the world is saved, you left on your own journey..." Madoka's eyes landed on her jacket. "I guess that means..."

"It's been 8 years since then." Tsubasa said worriedly. "Don't tell me you're still looking for him..."

Chi's hand gripped onto the jacket she was still wearing. "Actually... Just yesterday I was planning to throw in the towel. I came here today to find you all, to let you know I'll give up and just start working for the WBBA like you. But as soon as I stepped into the city, Sirius began to react..." Her glare turned to the boy on the other side of the room. "... to the left rotating dragon you own."