Their Link

Upon Madoka's encouragement, they made plans to meet back at the WBBA after going home to properly rest. They'll have lunch with Tsubasa and discuss what their next move could be.

The two brunettes stayed at the B-Pit to work on L-Drago. Madoka glanced at the clock and sigh. 9.47 am.

"Do you want to take a break, Chi?" She offered. "We've been working on this since 6 in the morning..."

"It's fine. You can go ahead." The blader replied, not looking up from her work.

They had divided the jobs to make things go faster, but it appears that the bey was damaged far worse than expected. As of now, they had only just finished repairing the facebolt, performance tip and fusion wheel. They still had the core and spin track to take care of.

Madoka had her hands on her hips as she stood up. "Come on, Chi. You haven't even had breakfast yet and you didn't sleep either. You barely know how to take care of yourself, I'm surprised you're still alive after that eight year journey."

"I got dragged around by some of your friends in certain places." Chi explained, still not looking up. "There are times I stayed with them for several months and others where it's just several weeks."

"You really have no regards for anyone but Ryuga, do you?"

Seeing her shake her head, Madoka could only sigh once more. "Alright, I'll go get you some cookies."

~~~~~

By the time L-Drago was fixed, it was almost noon and the two had to hurry to get to the WBBA HQ on time. Despite arriving a little late, they were welcomed kindly and the dicussion began as soon as the food is gone.

They couldn't find anything new. All they could conclude was that the enemy was most likely in Metal Bey City, though even that has its doubts. They were also being careful as to make sure it wouldn't be a trap, like DNA.

After hearing the story about what happened the year before, Chi could only stare blankly at them. "... Again?"

Zyro got on the defensive. "Don't give us that look! It's their fault for causing problems in the beyblade world!"

"And I see that." She nodded, though not entirely convinced. But still... That means that it really could be...

She kept the thought to herself. She was tired of that man's name being brought up again and again. Sadly, when it comes to revenge, he is very persistent. If he ever found out Sir Ryuga's alive, he would definitely...

Out if nowhere, Madoka got the idea to ask Sakyo to help test whether L-Drago is working as it should be or not. The assumption is that since they're both reverse rotating dragons, the boy should be able to control it, even if it's only a little bit.

They went down to the WBBA's private stadium to start the tests. Just holding L-Drago made him feel a significant amount of difference in power. Sakyo himself felt rather uncertain about it, but he didn't let it show on his face.

He aimed his launcher at the stadium, the strenght of the emperor flowing into him. He felt tense and heavy. Nevertheless, "Let it... Rip!"

The red dragon came out as soon as the bey was launched, the force knocking the boy off balance. It spun fast and, for a moment, flames appeared all over the arena. But after a full minute of spinning, the fire disappeared and the bey slowed to a stop, right at the center of the stadium.

"Sakyo!" Takanosuke jumped down from the bleachers and ran straight to his best friend. "Sakyo, are you okay?!"

The red head sat up, his eyes wide in both fear and astonishment. "I felt it... I felt its anger and desire to burn everything..."

Kenta let out a wry smile. "That's L-Drago for you..."

Maru's eyes were glued to her monitor during the whole scenario. "That's strange... Beys can usually be launched by anyone, but in this case..."

"Huh? Maru, what are you talking about?" Shinobu asked.

Madoka's face was as serious as her student's. "I've never seen anything like this before... It's almost as if it's rejecting Sakyo. L-Drago is somehow refusing to be launched by him!"

"I'm not surprised." Ginga stated, earning looks from the children. "We knew from the legends that L-Drago seemed to have a mind of its own. An example of that is when it took control of Ryuga's mind back at Battle Bladers. But now, L-Drago and Ryuga both share a bond much deeper than any other bey and blader... That must be why L-Drago rejected Sakyo. Because even if Sakyo is the one Ryuga had chosen to be his decendant, they're still two different people. L-Drago is Ryuga's bey and no one else's."

"Sounds like L-Drago is just as clingy as Chi when it comes to Ryuga." Ren said teasingly.

"Wait a second..." Eight looked around, and so did his older brother. "Where is Chi?"

Tsubasa facepalmed. "I can't believe that stubborn girl." He let out a sigh. "Then again, I knew this was going to happen, so it's a good thing I did what I did."

"Tsubasa? What did you do?" Kenta asked.

The silver haired man held up a flashdisk and Madoka plugged it into her monitor. A map of the city appeared and a red dot was blinking on the outskirts.

Kite blinked. "A tracking device?"

Ginga laughed, knowing full well about his spy days. "That's our Tsubasa!"