Fragment of the Spirit

The drive took only half an hour, and as soon as they reached the WBBA's lobby, the cars returned to the company they came from.

They were met with a blue haired woman, who greeted them with a smile. It especially widened when she saw the brunette. "Chi! It's great to see you again."

She nodded. "You too, Hikaru. Is Kenta here?"

"Straight to business, huh?" Madoka sweatdropped.

"He'll be here soon." Hikaru replied. "He just finished class so he should be on his way."

"Oh right, I forgot Kenta's in college right now." Benkei muttered. "Yuu too, right?"

"Yep. They're in the same school. But Yuu has other things to do today, so you won't be seeing him." She turned to the elevator. "Let's wait in the director's office."

~~~~~

It was an understatement to say that Ryo was happy to see them. He gave them a hug, a really tight squeeze in Ginga's case. Very enthusiastic handshakes were given to the kids. He ushered them all to sit on the couches on the side of the room and began to badger them all about their beys.

The conversation was... noisy. That's all that Chi could think of. Really, with the volume they're talking at, she could barely think at all.

When Kenta came in, Benkei, Ginga and a lot of the kids became twice as loud. Questions were thrown here and there and the boy hardly had any time to react or reply. He hasn't even placed his bag down.

Chi let out a frustrated sigh. "Kenta." Her sharp tone pierced through the crowd, straight to his ears. Everyone turned quiet, noticing the subtle changes in her expressions.

"R-right." He placed his bag in a corner before taking a seat beside her. "You wanted to see my Sagittario, right?" He took out his bey, showing it off to them.

"So that's Flash Sagittario..." Eight took out his own bey. "This is my Pirate Orochi! A stamina type too!"

Chi took out her Sirius and it reacted the same way it did to Sakyo's Dragoon. Sagittario glowed as well. Chi shook her head. "It's still faint. It's no more nor less than Dragoon."

"Then that means..." Ginga trailled off.

Madoka's eyes widen. "L-Drago could still be out there somewhere!"

It's now Kenta's turn to be shocked. "Do you really think so?! Then, Ryuga could also be out there!"

"But... Where?" Benkei asked. "Chi's been travelling the world for the past eight years and she didn't find anything until now!"

Ryo had a hand to his chin in thought. "Kenta... Do you remember any place that's significant at all when you went to with him?"

He shook his head. "We never stayed in the same place twice. He was always on the move since he was looking for the legendary bladers as well."

"Except..." Madoka interrupted. "That volcano! He stayed there for a while, didn't he? To master L-Drago Destructor after the star fragment fell!"

"Oh, right! And back then during the World Chanpionships," Ginga continued. "Hyoma said he found him in some other volcano, right?"

"And Lightning L-Drago too was sealed in a mountain full of lava..." Ryo nodded, understanding where his was going.

"Why does he like volcanoes so much?" Benkei blinked.

"Volcanoes are as deadly as you can get when it comes to bey training." Chi said thoughtfully. "And it matches with L-Drago's attribute, so I suppose it makes sense."

As if on cue, all the kids turned to Sakyo for confirmation. He seemingly ignored them, keeping his eyes on his bey. The adults turned to him as well, making him sigh.

"I've been to one before, upon Dragoon's will." He finally said. "When I first met that man, it was in a forest at the base of one too."

"So dragon beys are attracted to places where heat is deadly...?" Maru asked, trying to take notes on her monitor.

Chi stared at her bey for a minute before asking Kenta and Sakyo for theirs. The boys placed them on the table beside each other as she held out hers to them. All three beys glowed and a maroon light floated out of Sagittario and Dragoon, entering Sirius. The two beys stopped glowing, but Sirius shone brighter than before. Its spirit, a maroon dobermann, came out and let out a howl before disappearing.

"... It's almost complete." She said, nodding to herself.

"There's one thing I still don't get." Benkei said suddenly. "L-Drago stole the power of hundreds of other beys, right? How is it that Sirius is the only one who's spirit's in pieces like this? How is it that Kyoya's Leone, Tsubasa's Eagle, and all the other beys, don't have the same problem Sirius does?"

"Because unlike all those bladers, we gave ours willingly." She stated. "You have your spirits because they were fighting to escape. Ginga's win in Battle Bladers gave them the opening they needed. Sirius and I were different. We latched our very beings to L-Drago, never fighting back or running away. Most of Sirius' spirit was pushed out of L-Drago during the rush of the other spirits, I assume. That's how we're here now."

"So there's still parts of Sirius that's clinging to L-Drago, is that what you're saying?" Madoka reconfirmed.

"It's a good thing, I think." Chi continued. "If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have a single clue to finding him. Things aren't going as planned... But I decided that even if it'll take me my entire lifetime, I will find him."

"When it comes to Ryuga, you sure are motivated..."

"I don't know about all that hard stuff... but at least we know where our next stop is!" Zyro said, his smile confusing them. "Sakyo was the last person to see him right? So we should go to wherever that is!"

"That was years ago, he could've gone to some place else." Kenta said, knowing his old mentor's habits.

"Well, it's better than just staying here thinking about it!"

"Zyro's right." Shinobu said, surprising them. "There could be clues or traces in that area. Even if it's been years, if there's any chance at all..."

"Seeing how there's not a single tournament he's participated in, it is possible that he might've not moved from that area." Kite stated.

"If my big bro thinks so, then it must be true!" Eight pushed.

"Then it's settled!" Ren said, her eyes blazing. "We're going to a volcano to find that legendary blader!"

Kids... Ryo sighed with a smile. "It's fine to be excited, but you all just flew all the way here. Perhaps it's best to rest up for a bit before going on your trip."

Madoka agreed. "You guys should rest up, or maybe have a battle in the local bey park. I need Sakyo to stay for a while though, to pin point where he first met Ryuga."

"If Sakyo's staying, so am I!" Takanosuke stated. Chi nodded, indicating she'll stay as well.

"Alright! Then let's go battle, everyone!" Ginga cheered and all the other kids, with Benkei and Kenta, followed him out.