The Forbidden Bey

A couple of years went by in a flash, and in those years, she had always been present for every single one of his battles.

She found herself memorizing from the way he controls the bey to what he would shout out at certain points of the battle.

The other bladers noticed but never commented. Doji never told her off for it, so what could they do? Ryuga didn't seem to mind her either.

There were times, when he'd allow it, she'd follow him. She never knew where, it wasn't important to her. She just wanted to see him use his bey.

Again and again and again...

At first, he was quite bothered with her staring. But after a while, he'd let her and, rarely even, invited her when he goes to the training room.

"When I get my hands on that bey, no matter how much you study my movements, you'll never defeat me." He had said, arrogantly. Threateningly.

She only stared at him as he continued to practice.

~~~~~

Back then, she didn't think much of it. She had no intentions to fight him anyway. He was the Dark Nebula's prized child. The most skilled blader they had. There was no point in trying to pick a fight with him.

But when the next year came, she finally understood what he meant. He had gone on a mission with Doji and came back with scrapes all over him.

She followed him and Doji to the laboratory. She hadn't gone down here since the project finished, so the changes in the facilities didn't shock her.

The machine in the center stayed pretty much the same however. They only painted the organization's logo on it.

Ryuga laid on the machine and the glass closed up. Doji went to a seperate machine, and took something out from it before putting in a strange looking bey.

That something turns out to be her own bey, which he tossed towards her. "That is Beta Sirius. We won't need it anymore so you can keep it. It was created based on your data after all." He said.

She nodded and placed the bey in her pocket. She walked towards the machine and glanced curiously at the boy inside it.

"If you're wondering how long it'll take for him to recover, we can't answer." He stated, reading her expressions perfectly. "He needs lots of rest after his encounter. Lightning L-Drago needs some time to regain its strenght as well, especially after being in slumber for so long."

She nodded and turned to leave, not noticing the man's rather irritated face at where her bey was.

~~~~~

Several months later, the Dark Nebula had become more active. She didn't know why, but she didn't bother to ask either.

She had met a boy named Kyoya Tategami, the owner of Rock Leone. Doji had taken him in to train him to beat someone named Ginga Hagane. He wasn't much to talk to. In fact, whenever she even opened her mouth near him, he immediately threatens to 'send her flying'.

Not even two days after he left to fight his opponent, alarms began blaring. Intruders.

Strangely enough, Merci ordered her to stay in her room. It seems as though Doji wants them to come fight him.

She waited out the explosions and earthquakes. When it was over, she went over to her window and spotted four people with the Kyoya boy. The one in blue was glaring at the figure on the other side of the stadium.

Ryuga.

She felt something bubble up inside of her.

"Excuse me, but... Little Chi, are you... smiling?" Merci's voice came in.

Perhaps she was. That was the first time she had experienced so much fear and excitement in her body. She had never felt any more alive.

~~~~~

Battle Bladers was coming up and she was still locked in the building. Actually, it's a whole new building now. The base moved to the center of the city. It's where the tournament will be held.

It appears Doji has no intentions of letting her battle. He never placed her against other players, she always trained with machines on her own.

Thanks to all the tournaments happening around the country, she didn't really have much to do. Not that following around her idol took up much of her time, but it was more enjoyable than what she had to do now.

The Battle Bladers tournament was quite interesting to say the least. She never bothered to go down to the stadium itself to watch, she simply stayed in her room. Well, it wasn't like she was allowed to go anyway.

She didn't know why, but the more members began to disappear, the nearer her answer felt. Finally, right before the finals, Merci called on her.

"Master would like to see you in the training room." The robot said.

She nodded and stood up. However, she was not expecting Ryuga to meet her there.

Was it even him?

She then remembered his battle with Kyoya earlier. Right. He's possesed. That was kind of sad.

"Sir Ryuga." That's how she had been addressing him since they met. "Did-"

"Doji is no longer in charge." He interrupted.

Well, that would explain the battered body she spotted in another hallway.

"The time has come to prove your worth." He continued. "Doji kept you locked up, called you a failed experiement, but he does not see your full potential. You are not useless, little Chi."

Failed? But didn't he say the machine succeeded?

She must've shown it on her face, as he continued with, "Your bey was meant to be his greatest creation. He was supposed to be able to control it, but because it was made from your data, Beta Sirius won't listen to anyone but you. He considered it as failed and decided to run to a ready-made perfection instead."

So the machine was successful, but the bey wasn't. Sure, that answers things.

He launched L-Drago to the center of the stadium. "So now, your purpose is to serve me. You're smart, so I believe you know that you do not have a choice in the matter."

She nodded without second thought, confusing him. "You're not scared? You could die, you know?"

She nodded once again, this time while taking aim. "Dying here means dying while being of use to you. I don't mind going out that way. You've shown me such extraordinary things... I believe this is the least I can do to thank you."

He smirked. "Well now, that almost makes me want to keep you here. Almost."

She took a deep breath. "Let it... Rip!"

Her Beta Sirius clashed with Lightning L-Drago, letting it absorb her bey's power. Neither her or her bey were crying out for help. This is what they chose to do...

And they'll see to it to the very end.