Broken Fangs

Doji was laughing to his heart's content. His Fenrir was attacking Sirius, not missing a single beat. Chi remained silent. None of them could really tell what she was doing.

"Well, well. If it isn't Master Ryuga." He said scornfully.

"Do I really have to deal with you again?" Ryuga was clearly unamused.

"I think we are quite even actually." Doji stated, his evil grin ever present. "Or at least, that's what I thought when Nemesis took you down. Only recently did I realize that I gave up my body for nothing! Finding out you were alive was perhaps the biggest let down you've ever shown me!"

"You only have yourself to blame for that." The white haired man had a smirk of his own.

"Oh, I will gladly end you with my own hands this time! Both you and Ginga! But first, I have to teach this little brat a lesson!" Fenrir began to attack far more ruthlessly than before.

"Chi!" Ginga got his launcher ready, but a sudden shock ran through his veins, making him drop it.

"Ginga!" Kenta tried to run to his friend, but he took was shocked.

They all looked down at their feet and found the floor they were standing on glowing blue. The man laughed. "Move a step and the floor will shock you! It auto adjusts depending on the person, so it is a very convenient system for me. Now you all can watch helplessly as I destroy Beta Sirius!"

"This is bad..." Maru muttered, her monitor in her hands. "Sirius is absolutely defenseles!! It only has one edge left!"

"What do you mean, Maru?" Shinobu asked.

"Sirius' fusion wheel is made up of six edges, shaped like a dog's canine. It's supposed to be able to inflict damage to the opponent while it's under attack, but with only one left, it's practically useless!" Maru continued to run her scans. "Not only that, but the gaps between the edges is causing the damage to also go into the core and spin track. If this goes on, Sirius would break apart!"

"Get out of there, Chi!" Zyro called out.

But she wasn't listening. She knew full well what would happen if it keeps up. She just needed a chance.

The final edge broke off and Doji laughed as they showed their panicked faces. Ryuga stood still, watching Sirius' movements.

He smirked. "It's not over yet."

Chi stood up, surprising them with her calm attitude. "I usually can't use this move unless I lock them down before the battle, but I guess breaking them works too."

In contrast to what was supposed to happen, her bey began to spin faster. A dark aura appeared and it shaped into its spirit, but it was different from the one Ginga and Kenta had seen before. The black dobermann had white marks on its side, creating the constellation of Canis Major. "Alpha Sirius! White Dwarf Calamity!"

The marks glowed brighter as the beys come closer. They shot off from its body and surrounded Fenrir, not letting it escape. Sirius charged forward and as soon as its jaws clamped around the bey, it exploded.

When the dust cleared, Sirius was still just barely spinning and Fenrir was nowhere in sight.

Ginga and the rest smiled. "You did it, Chi!"

Maru continued to analyzed what happened before they began to ask. "Oh, I see! The six edges could be locked down in the gaps before the battle begins, and the smooth surface on the wheel prevents air resistance and lets Sirius spin faster! Also, with the core exposed like it was, Sirius became more star shaped, with six points to attack from the bottom instead!"

"So it's like when a dog bites its enemy by the neck." Sakyo stated, trying not to sigh at the confused faces present.

Doji let out a laugh. "So that's what that was. You have my praise. I never would've thought you'd try to improve in beyblade, seeing how you hate fighting so much."

"I see it as unnecessary." She corrected. "But we live in a world full of beyblade, and Sir Ryuga is at the top of that world. If I want to get there, I have no other choice but to take it on."

"You lost, Doji!" Ginga stated. "And this time, we'll make sure it's for good!"

The man shook his head. "My dear Ginga, you're always so quick to judge. That is your biggest downfall." He snapped his fingers and Fenrir came out from a pile of rubble, still spinning steadily. "See? My Fenrir is just fine. Your little trick did nothing!"

The bey was headed straight for Sirius. Chi had no time to react. She couldn't even if did. That last special move took out the rest of her energy.

Fenrir's spirit came out. It was similar to his Dark Wolf, but a lot bigger and much more menacing. "Darkness Howling Blazer!"

She braced for impact, but it never came. Another bey had blocked Fenrir from attacking. With one hit, Fenrir was sent flying to the other side of the room.

A red dragon appeared before them, blocking Doji's view of Sirius. At this, the android scowled. "I never took you as the type to protect others."

"Quit your yapping." Ryuga cut him off. He walked until he was beside Chi, the electricity on his feet barely affecting him. "You've done enough, kid. This is my fight now."

She nodded, taking in some deep breaths before catching Sirius. She still couldn't move though, as she could still feel the shock below her.

"What's this now? Have you gone soft?" Doji continued to taunt him with a sneer. "This isn't like you at all, Master Ryuga!"

"Save it! I'm not falling for that!" L-Drago went on the offensive, but Fenrir avoided all of its attacks by hiding behind piles of rubble.

"Then what about this!" Fenrir flew up and crashed into the cieling. It began to crumble and eventually, large pieces began to fall off.

"Ahh! We're gonna get crushed!" Eight panicked, wanting to cling to Kite, but he too couldn't move.

They were all worried, but without a word, L-Drago obliterated the pieces before they could reach them. It flew around, destroying the entire roof itself, leaving the room open to the sky above. They looked up in shock. It was already evening.

Ryuga's eyes glinted playfully. "You have to do better than that."