The Emperor's Descendant

"To my Ronin Dragoon, you say?" Sakyo had to confirm it. What exactly is she talking about? What does it have anything to do with him and his bey?

"Sirius reacted to Dragoon?" Ginga repeated. "Could it be because Dragoon and L-Drago are both left rotating dragons?"

"L-Drago?!" A lot of the kids reacted to the mention of the legendary bey.

"To be clear, Sirius sensed parts of itself." Chi corrected herself. "About 10 years ago, before the finals of Battle Bladers, many other bladers' power were absorbed to be Lightning L-Drago's power, my Beta Sirius included. Despite going through evolutions and absorbing many other beys afterwards, a part of Sirius' spirit remains in L-Drago."

"And that's how... Ryuga found you in Hades Inc. right?" Ginga recalled.

She nodded. "Exactly. And for the past eight years I've been trying to use that same trick to find him, but..."

Tsubasa placed a comforting hand on her back. The director remembered how she cried when she first found that jacket. That was the first time he had ever seen the blank faced girl so vulnerable.

He turned to the kids. "Sirius reacted to Dragoon because it thought it was L-Drago, who had a piece of its spirit, so doesn't that mean that...?!"

"Dragoon might have a piece of Sirius' spirit too!" Benkei finished for him.

Eight turned to his brother. "Big bro, is that possible?"

Kite had his arms crossed. "I can understand L-Drago having that piece, but Dragoon having it too is just not possible! Not unless Dragoon is an evolution from L-Drago, in which case, I know it isn't. It says so in my data!"

"Dragoon is a bey created by the WBBA, so there's just no way the two could be connected, right?" Takanosuke spoke up.

"That depends on how Sakyo got it." Ginga stated.

"What do you mean, Ginga?" Madoka asked, turning to him now.

Shinobu's eyes then widen. "Wait a minute... Zyro, Maru, do you remember that night, when we first met Sakyo? Do you remember what he said to you?"

It took a second for it to click, but Zyro's eyes were as big as Shinobu's when he realized. He turned to Sakyo. "You... You said you got your bey from a legendary blader, just like me!"

"Then that means, the legendary blader Sakyo got it from is-"

Before Maru could finish, Chi stood up and made her way over to the boy. He didn't move until she was by their table. His hand was in his pocket, fiddling with his bey. Chi took out her bey and held it in front of him.

Sirius began to glow and so did Sakyo's pocket. Chi's eyes narrowed. "It's faint, but its there. Sir Ryuga must've done something with its spirit, to have left a trace of Sirius by accident..."

"Or he could have left it there on purpose for you?" Ginga suggested. The adults all turned to him and he took back his words. "Or well... I guess not. It is Ryuga after all..."

"But with this, even if you can't find him after all this time," Tsubasa showed her a smile. "at the very least, we know for sure he survived Nemesis, right?"

"It must've been just like Pegasus!" Madoka said, piecing things together. "He isn't gone, he's just resting! Once he gets his strenght back, he'll make his way back!"

Chi shook her head. "Eight years would be more that enough time then... If he's 'only resting' then shouldn't he return to tournaments as soon as he's back?"

"Maybe something happened to L-Drago and he can't participate because of it." Ginga suggested.

"L-Drago disappeared after giving Sagittario its star fragment. Could it be that maybe L-Drago is just living inside Kenta's bey right now?" Tsubasa stated.

"If that's the case, then I need to head to him now." Chi said, already out the door.

"Wait, Chi!" Ginga stood up and chased after her. "Do you even know where he is?!"

Tsubasa and Madoka exchanged glances before following them. All the while the kids simply stared back and forth at the adults as the conversation took off to the point they couldn't keep up.

Benkei stood still by the counter, sighing. "They'll probably leave tomorrow since it's getting dark. You kids should head home too."

"But, manager, we want to know what's going on too." Zyro rebutted.

"That's right!" Ren agreed "They can't just talk about a legendary blader and expect us to not be curious!"

"And it's Ryuga of all bladers." Shinobu pressed on. "He was the strongest of them all! The legendary dragon emperor who reigned over the beyblade world, who disappeared without a trace after the Nemesis crisis."

"Who gave Sakyo his bey, Ronin Dragoon!" Takanosuke added.

"Sakyo, aren't you at least a little bit curious about this?" Eight asked, hardly believing the red head could look so calm.

"And don't even try to say that it had nothing to do with you! It has everything to do with you!" Kite said, emphasizing 'everything'.

Sakyo's eyes were closed and his arms were crossed. After considering everything they said, he opened his palm and stared at his bey. "That man scared off a group of bandits with a simple glare."

"Uh... Sakyo?" Takanosuke glanced at his friend for his strange words.

The red head proceeded to ignore him. "One of the bandits dropped a bey from his pockets. That man picked it up and gave it to me. 'Your determination will help you reach your destiny. Reign over this world as I once did' is what he said at that time. Then, I woke up at the cottage and that bey was on my table."

"Sakyo..." Zyro, along with the rest of them, had paid full attention to what he was saying. Sakyo was never one to talk much about himself, aside how it is his destiny to become the best blader, so this was something... touching.

The dragon blader stood up. "Takanosuke, we're leaving."

"W-wha? A-already?!" The blonde got up hurriedly. "But where are we going?"

"To prepare for tomorrow."