HD Academy

The sky was clear that day. She was still stuck in the hospital. The blue haired girl, Hikaru Hasama, had visited her quite often recently. And despite her efforts to hide it, she had already seen the WBBA logo on her shirt.

She was being nice to her so far, but she knew that as soon as she was released, that's when the interrogations would began.

Her Sirius still remained untouched on the table. She would stare at it every once in a while, but she never really felt any motivation to battle.

She turned on the TV screen again. Eventually, she found one about a battle going on in Beyster Island. Apparently, a lot of famous bladers are competing there. To her luck, Ryuga was too. And that Kenta kid was surprisingly still stuck to him.

Currently, the dragon emperor was stealing the power from a boy named Chris and his bey, Phantom Orion. Then, another bey interrupted them. Some arguments took place here and there, but by the end of it, Ryuga disappeared in a flash of lightning, taking Kenta with him.

Those two must've bonded. She concluded.

She didn't know how she felt about being stuck here. She wasn't claustrophobic, but being stuck in bed can get pretty annoying. At least back then, she could roam around the building.

And the time after.

~~~~~

The last thing she could remember was Ryuga taking her and Sirius' power. But how she's awake now was the last question in her head.

She had been taken to another facility. When she woke up, she was in a machine, similar to the one she had tested for the Dark Nebula.

And another strange man greeted her. He and Doji must be related somehow.

~~~~~

Ziggurat was that man's name. And he was almost exactly like Doji. Loves to be cryptic, laughs weirdly, doesn't know when to stop talking to himself... They're both creeps.

One difference. This man calls himself a doctor.

There's really nothing else to it.

Aside that, she also found out the machine was called the Arrangement System here. It seemed fitting, considering what it does.

She met with Damian Hart, Jack and Zeo Abyss. They're entering the Beyblade World Tournament as America's representative, Team Star Breaker.

Aside the new people, and new uniform, what she was doing wasn't exactly new. She was still cooped up in her room, only coming out when Ziggurat asks for her. She did miss Merci though. The robot was always there to guide her, but now she had to find her way herself, and no one would bother helping even if she asked.

After a few months, she began to grow bored training there and watching the members battle. The three were strong bladers, but none of them were like Ryuga. Damian was insane, Jack was weird, and Zeo... Well, he was quieter than them, only ever talked to Ziggurat. Something about his friend being sick?

Ryuga had his own quirks, but he showed superiority in more than just his words. He wasn't really much for conversation unless he's trying to provoke people. Just as she was thinking about him, she heard a familiar roar.

Rushing out to the training room, she joined Jack and spotted him, just beyond the glass, battling Zeo.

"You're so boring." She heard him say.

"Boring?!" Zeo was clearly offended by that statement.

Ryuga paid no mind and continued. "Waiting for an opponent to run out of stamina in order to win with a sleep out is so lame. Is that the way you fight all the time, pal?"

"So what if it is?!"

"Bringing your own strenght out to the fullest and completely defeating your opponent with the power of your very own bey... That is a battle. That is a bey battle!" His grin grew wide. "Trying to win without fighting squarely is pathetic. That is how a total amateur thinks."

Zeo's had enough. "Don't think talking tough will save you, 'cause your toast!"

"We'll see if it's just talk soon enough. Get ready, because I'm about to show you the truly awesome power of a true blader!" With that, L-Drago spun faster. And faster. And faster.

But it wasn't the same L-Drago that she knew. It wasn't purple and it didn't emit any sort of negative energy. Instead, she saw a beautiful red dragon coming out of the bey.

Fire seemed to appear out of nowhere and the flames danced as the dragon took form.

"Ohh! Fantastic!" Jack said from beside her. She found herself agreeing with him.

"If you think you can control my L-Drago, go ahead and try!" Ryuga taunted as the dragon striked.

It ate up Flame Byxis and tossed it away, but Zeo was determined to keep the fight going. His bey began to move in an infinity pattern, however, it slipped, causing its blader confusion.

"Game is now over." Jack said.

She didn't bother responding. Fighting against Ryuga is futile. The only person who had ever beaten him was Ginga, as surprising as that was to her. And now he has a new bey, with new abilities and strength. She doubts that even Ginga's new Pegasus stood a chance now.

"Dragon Emperor Supreme Flight!" L-Drago blasted fireballs from its mouth, taking Byxis out of the stadium. And with a final roar, the dragon disappeared, and the bey returned to its owner.

"Well done, Meteo L-Drago." Ziggurat appeared out of nowhere, calling out to the boy by the stadium below. Ryuga looked up and his eyes crossed with both hers and Jack's before landing on Ziggurat. "Being able to beat Byxis, the bey that was made to counter attack types, so easily... It's just as powerful as I expected. No actually, even more powerful!"

"As you expected, you say?"

"Yes, however, you have not used the full 100% of L-Drago's power yet, is that not right?"

His eyes narrowed at that statement. "None of your business. Just who are you?"

"Oh, me? My name is Doctor Ziggurat. I am the owner of this HD Academy and the manager of the US representatives for the Beyblade World Championships. Team Star Breaker is what they are called."

"So what exactly is it that you want from me, Doctor what's-your-face?"

"I've had my eye on your abilities for quite some time. Even without an arrangement, you were able to bring out L-Drago's abilities to the highest limit." He turned to the brunette. "Did you hear that, Zeo?"

When Zeo didn't respond, the man continued. "Your skills are not yet good enough to use 100% of Byxis' abilities. That's why I told you before that you need more arrangements."

Ryuga casted a glance at him before turning back to Ziggurat, who explained. "Yes, the Arrangement is a blader-enhancement system that we invented right here in the academy. Scientifically speaking, it connects directly with the blader's mind and body, drawing out that blader's hidden potential so it could be used to the fullest. At the same time, by developing a bey that is most suited to the blader, the bey's and the blader's abilities completely combined to create the strongest warrior possible. By releasing the yet unknown power hidden inside beys, I will be able to take control of society, the military, the economy, the government... All the power in the world will be mine. That is what I believe in."

~~~~~~~~~~

Ziggurat talks way too much in that one scene so in the next chapter, everything else he's gonna say is gonna be described instead of written.