W

"Come on Tae, hurry up! You're really slow!"

"You're the one who is too fast, calm down a little bit, why are you so excited anyway? It's not like the rumors are true" he said as he bent down a little bit to catch his breath. "I don't know if they are true or not, and if ghosts really exist then I would love to see one," I said as I Ieft Taehyung behind, knowing how long he will take just to breathe some fresh air.

Taehyung and I are best friends, we both love adventure and we like trying out new things since we get bored really easily. We recently heard about a strange story of a cave where a lot of people went in but never came back, some say that there are ghosts in there, some others say that the cave is cursed, and some idiots say that there is a monster in there that devours any human being who is unlucky to step there. Of course, we never believed any of those rumors, the best evidence that none of the rumors are true is that since anyone who went to the cave never came back, how could they know that there are ghosts or monsters or even a serial killer in there? That sounded really stupid, unrealistic and irrational.

"Please slow down y/n, I really can't catch up with you anymore!" Taehyung screamed from afar and I nearly heard him and stopped, considering how tired he is. He came running towards me and then sat on a nearby rock, trying to rest a little bit and I sat next to him, I couldn't go inside the cave without my best friend with me, he even was the one who suggested this adventure and I couldn't leave him behind now.

After fifteen minutes, we both stood up and decided to go on with the adventure. When we got near the cave, we both turned our flashlights on so we could see the path, Taehyung took out a knife from nowhere and I completely don't know why. I gave him a weird look and he instantly understood that I was totally clueless about what he is doing, he chuckled and held the knife tighter in the air while showing it to me. "Just in case something bad happens, there is danger everywhere so we should be prepared for everything," he said and I nodded in response then he started laughing. "Why are you laughing?" I asked him and he pointed towards me. "You're the one who is always over-prepared, I wonder why you didn't think about this possibility, is your IQ finally dropping and reaching the same level as mine or should I stay an idiot for my whole life?" We both laughed and he was kind of right, I'm always prepared for everything but it seems like I forgot this detail, my bad!

When we reached the cave, Taehyung insisted on going first and I argued with him until we decided to go together. The cave was too empty and silent for my liking, it felt like something unexpected might happen, just like what happens in the horror movies but I shrugged the thought off and absentmindedly held Taehyung's arm tightly and I could feel his body tense up but he calmed down when he saw that it was just me, clearly, we were both a little bit scared even though we are already 22 years old and no longer kids who believe anything.

We were both taking each one of our steps slowly and checking the ground from time to time just in case a scorpion or a snake was there. Suddenly, we heard a sound, it wasn't anything terrific or unbearable but it was the sound of a waterfall, is there even water here? We didn't want to think about any more possibilities and followed the sound until we reached a real waterfall but it was too beautiful to be true. 

The water looked like glass and the stones under the water were shining just like diamonds and the place seemed brighter than the entrance of the cave as if the sun was shining here but there was no hole or opening where the light could get inside the place. Taehyung went closer to the water and touched it and his eyes grew wide and then he looked at me and gestured for me to come closer and touch the water as well, when I did, I was as surprised as he was. When I touched the water, it was warm and not as cold as I thought it would be. "It's really cold right?" Taehyung asked and I was confused, cold? But when I touch it it's warm. "It's warm, not cold," I said and he gave me a questioning look, which was enough for me to sense something weird going on in this place. 

"Taehyung we need to go back and now!" I said as I stood up rather quickly and almost fell but I soon regained my balance. "Why? What's wrong exactly?" he asked as he stood up too and made his way towards me. "I don't have a good feeling about this place, we need to go back now before it gets worse" I said as I hurried towards the exit but as much as I tried to double my speed, the exit was getting farther and that made me even more worried and I felt like I needed to stop which I did, and Taehyung did the same too."Can you please consider the fact that I'm not a good runner?!" he asked between breathes while I was lost in my thoughts to even hear what he said, I was looking at the exit, thinking about a way to get out of here but no idea came to my mind and then I heard a sound, the sound of a body dropping to the floor, when I looked behind me to see what happened, I found Taehyung's unconscious body on the ground and before I could even touch him, my head started spinning and I lost my balance, falling to the ground and completely losing consciousness.