E

Author P.O.V

"DON'T COME BACK HERE UNTIL YOU FIND HER!" The bloody monarch shouted as he was getting impatient from waiting, he grew tired of it and started ordering every guard in the castle to search for y/n and the number of guards started decreasing because of two reasons, either they are killed by Taehyung, or they run away from fear of going back empty-handed.

Kim Taehyung, the kind-hearted person with ambition and goals became an ephemeral memory as he turned into a despot, a cruel blood-sucking monster that only feels satisfaction after killing innocent citizens and guards who were unable to find the only person that could save the whole country from the angry beast.

However, the only hope of Egypt citizens went back home and there is no way that she can be found by anyone.

"Great Pharaoh, we have some news about the royal concubine" one of the guards announced as soon as he was in front of the fractious sovereign, he was out of breath but still tried his best to enjoy the air that got into his lungs in hope that it wouldn't be the last time he felt it.

"What is it?" Taehyung said in the deepest, the coldest and darkest voice he had, making the guard forget how to breathe.

"We found out that she was in the temple and then she suddenly vanished, that's what the high priest Nefertari stated" The guard said and Taehyung stood up from his seat at the mention of the name of the high priest, everything seemed to make sense once he tried to join all the sides of the story to make a perfect puzzle, one that can't be fallacious.

Taehyung nodded his head as a sign that the guard can leave the room safely and the guard sighed in relief.

After ordering the guards to kill the high priest, he stayed as apathetic as he is used to be while looking at the guards that were unsure about the situation, if they suddenly kill the high priest, the whole country will turn into complete chaos!

Since the facial expression of Taehyung hardened, the guards had no choice but to do as they were told and avoid getting killed in the worst way possible by the ruler himself, they didn't want to think about the imminent pandemonium and just live while they still can.

The forbearance that Taehyung had was long forgotten as the high priest disappeared all of a sudden as if she knew that everything was her fault, her existence itself made life harder for Taehyung as he lost the only person that could either heal him or totally destroy him.

The search for the high priest was not an easy task, they spent a lot of days just searching for her and refused to go back to the castle without completing their mission because they knew they won't be able to see the burning sun again.

While the guards were desperately searching for Nefertari, the miserable girl was in the desert all by herself, feeling utterly confused to why she is running away when she has never done anything wrong, but she was also clueless about the Pharaoh's orders, she just moved on instinct, as if someone was controlling her mind and body and guiding her somewhere far from Egypt, at least a place where she could be safe from the ruler's intentions.

On her way to the unknown, she recited an elegy for all the dead citizens that lost their lives meaninglessly and she felt her chest tightening as if her turn was getting closer than she could expect.

As her feet were getting her away from the Pharaoh's territory, she set foot on the destroyed land of Hittites that will soon belong to the Pharaoh and expand the limits of the country, even more, she looked at the wood and rocks on the grounds, the result of all the ruined houses.

She covered her nose using her hands from how bad the smell was, the scent of rotten bodies and dried blood hit her nostrils and she felt the tears threatening to fall in any second from how unbearable both the sight and smell were.

She crossed the path full of blood and dead bodies, continuing her elegy with a loud voice as if she was making sure that not only the living creatures will hear her but also the dead ones.

After crossing the bloody path, she saw a small village that the Pharaoh didn't destroy yet, she was happy that she finally found people and not dead bodies but they stopped her before she could get any closer to the village, it seems like people are trying to protect their village from the Pharaoh.

"Who are you?" A man asked her and she felt uneasy at the question, she is not safe if she says her name, she is still a popular person and her reputation must be well known even outside of Egypt.

"My name is Rania" she quickly gave him an alias and it was the only way for her to stay safe, her name could bring her a lot of trouble and she could get killed by the people in the village if they know that she is Egyptian.

"And where did you come from?" The unknown man asked and she felt a bit uncertain to answer at first but quickly found a believable lie.

"From the land of Hittites, I was able to stay alive and I want to run away from any place that is close to the Pharaoh," Nefertari said and waited for the man's next move, he stayed unfazed for a few seconds before he patted her shoulder gently and welcomed her without questioning her more than he already did.

That was the start of a new life for her, away from Egypt and away from the Pharaoh.