12

It had been two years and every so often Virgil would appear it their house. He would always come crying and shaking, saying he was scared of his parents fighting.

But this time was different.

"Hey, what's wrong kiddo?" Percy asked, wiping away the never ceasing tears from Virgil's face.

"M-My mom left!" Virgil wailed, clinging onto Percy's shirt, "s-she took my brother and she said she's never coming back! M-my dad g-got mad a-and he started yelling and h-he chased her!"

Virgil hiccuped a few times, "H-he started drinking an icky smelling drink and he t-threw me out the door!"

Percy rubbed Virgil's back as he cried, "you'll be okay Virge."

"I'm scared." Virgil whimpered.

Percy sighed softly, "do you want to come in and play with Patt?"

Virgil nodded. Percy grabbed Virgil's hand and took him inside.

"Patton's in the living room colouring." Percy said, "I'm gonna make you guys some hot chocolate."

Virgil nodded again as he walked into the living room.

"Virgil!" Patton giggled, running over and hugging him, "do you wanna colour with me?"

Virgil nodded and wiped his tears, "yeah."

Patton dragged Virgil over to his colouring books and crayons. Virgil sat down and pulled out a purple crayon, beginning to colour a cat. Patton picked up his light blue crayon and finished his puppy. A few minutes later, Percy came out with two mugs on hot coco.

"Here you go boys." Percy set the mugs in front of the two, "careful, it's hot."

"Okay Dad." Patton said, blowing on the drink.

Virgil gave Percy a small smile, "thanks."

"No problem kiddo." Percy said, ruffling Virgil's hair, "You can always come to us if you or a friend needs anything. Okay?"

Virgil nodded and took a sip of his coco. Percy smiled at the two boys. He had a feeling Virgil will get out of that house, he just hoped it would be sooner rather than later.