39

T.W.: death

"Are you going to be okay?" Logan asked quietly.

Patton nodded as Logan thumbed away a few tears. The funeral service had just ended. Remy had passed of broken heart syndrome a few days after Percy lost his battle with cancer.

"Papa? Roman, Virgil, and Ang are coming over." Sen said.

"Hey Dad." Virgil smiled sadly, giving his brother a hug.

Patton hugged back tightly. Roman went up to Logan's side.

"How are you doing?" Roman asked.

Logan sighed, "we're grieving, but we'll be okay."

"Yeah, but what about you." Roman clarified.

Logan paused, "I'm okay."

Roman nodded, "okay, just remember you have people to lean on. And you don't have to watch Patton by yourself either."

"I know," Logan smiled lightly, "thanks Roman."

Virgil and Patton walked over with Ang and Sen. Patton's eyes were red with tears.

"Hey Patt, do you want to go home now?" Logan asked, kissing Patton's forehead.

Patton nodded, letting Logan and Sen lead him out to the car.

"Papa?" Sen asked, "are you okay? You've been really quiet."

Patton nodded, "I'm okay Sen."

"Are you sure?" Logan asked, gently squeezing Patton's hand.

Patton nodded again, giving his family a small smile, "I'm sure."

"I like to think Poppi and Grandpa are watching over us." Sen said, "it... comforts me in a way."

Patton smiled, "I like to think that too."

"Wiccans believe that loved ones are reincarnated and watch over us." Logan said quietly, driving home.

Patton sighed softly. They'd be okay. They'll go home and make some hot coco and watch movies. One chapter closes, bittersweet and soft. For the goal of a song is not to end, but if it does not end, it would never achieve it's goal.