16

T.W.: mention of self harm

Patton sat in his class, watching a handheld pencil sharpener turn in his fingers. He wondered what it would be like to cut with that instead of a thumbtack. It would probably be sharper.

"Patton?" A voice broke him out of his thoughts.

Patton jumped slightly, looking up at Logan, "hmm?"

"Are you alright?" Logan asked, "You seem a little out of it."

"I'm fine Logan, just a little tired." Patton gave the other a small smile

Logan didn't quite believe Patton, but nodded anyway, "Alright. Just take care of yourself."

Patton nodded and went back to fiddling with the sharpener until the bell rang. The short boy picked up his bag and walked out to where his dad was waiting to pick him up.

"Hey kiddo!" Percy smiled, "how was school?"

Patton jumped in the car, "pretty good, we might be starting disections in animal bio soon."

"Cool?" Percy questioned, laughing a little.

Patton giggled lightly, "I don't know if I can handle it but I am a little curious. Maybe I'll just watch and let my lab partners do everything."

Percy nodded, "That's probably for the best."

Patton laughed and nodded. Soon they arrived at home.

"Hello love of my life, the brightest star in my sky." Remy said once they walked in.

Percy sighed, "What did you do?"

Remy grinned sheepishly and took his hands from behind his back, showing a small green snake.

Remy laughed lightly, "I named him Deceit..."

Percy sighed and rubbed his head, "You're lucky it's cute."

Remy pouted, "What about me?"

"You're hot, not cute." Percy smirked.

"This is getting a bit too much so I'm just gonna go to my room." Patton said quickly, running up the stairs.

The boy sighed when his door closed, leaning his back against it. Patton pulled the pencil sharpener from his pocket and looked at it for a moment. He went to his nightstand and grabbed his glasses kit. Patton took out a small screwdriver. Slowly, he took the screw out until the blade fell into his hand.

Patton sighed and lifted it to his skin.