30

Remy was waiting for the ambulance to arrive. He had just gotten a call about an unresponsive boy with second degree burns who was about to arrive.

Soon, Remy heard the sirens and saw the lights quickly approaching. One of the EMT's jumped out of the back and gave Remy a rundown on the patient.

"Male, Caucasian. Inhaled a lot of smoke and has second degree burns mostly on his arms. Went down for about a minute during transport, but appears to be stable now."

Remy nodded and he and the other doctors took the boy to center stage.

~~time skip ~~

Once Logan was stable, Remy and a nurse took him into a room. A little while later, the door opened.

"Um, the other nurses said it was okay to come in."

Remy turned and saw Logan's mother, Celine.

He smiled, "yes, it's fine Celine."

Celine nodded and walked up to Logan's side, holding his hand gently but tightly.

She sighed, "I'm such a fool."

"Hey," Remy placed a hand on her shoulder, "don't be so hard on yourself. The police briefed me on what happened and it was none of your fault."

Celine took a breath and nodded, "can Missy visit?"

Remy smiled sadly, "that's up to her doctor, sorry. How is she?"

"She's more worried about Lo that herself." Celine chuckled, "She got a few stitches, but nothing too serious."

Remy smiled and nodded, "that's good."

There was a moment of silence.

"I... don't mean to drag up bad memories, but," Celine wiped a tear away, "is this how you felt when Patton..."

Remy's fingers tightened around the guard rails of the bed, "the worry and guilt? Yeah."

Before either of them could talk again, the door opened and Patton ran in.

"I, got your text, Ms. Sollers." Patton panted, "I got here as soon as I could."

Remy shook his head fondly, "did you run all the way here?"

Patton's face flushed even redder, "yeah."

Celine chuckled, "I'm going to check on Missy, I'll be back later."

Remy nodded as Celine left, then turned to Patton.

"Are you okay Patt?" He asked, hugging his son.

Patton nodded, "I'm really tired now."

Remy smiled, "I bet, go sit down and I'll bring you some water."

Patton nodded and went to sit by Logan's bed. He took Logan's hand in his own. A few long, silent minutes later, Remy came back with a cut of water and a pair of glasses.

Remy set the glasses on the table next to Logan's bed, "Logan's spare glasses, his other ones burned."

Patton nodded and took the cup Remy handed him.

"I also texted your father to tell him that you're here." Remy smiled lightly.

Patton nearly choked on his water and his cheeks went red, "oh yeah, I forgot to tell Dad..."

Remy chuckled, "He's gonna round up Ro and Virge from their date and then come here. Meanwhile, I have some other patients to make my rounds to. Stay here and don't break anything."

Patton chuckled, "okay Papa."

Remy smiled and hugged his son, "I love you Patt."

Patton sighed and leaned into the hug, "I love you too Papa."