13

Years passed without much incident. Remy became a full fledged surgeon, him, Percy, and Patt moved into their first house, and Patton was about to start his first year of high school.

Remy pulled up to the building with an excited Patton in the back, "Here you go Patt."

"Thanks Papa!" Patton hugged Remy before jumping out, "Love you!"

"Love you too Patt, have fun!" Remy called.

Patton waved at his dad, smiling brightly. He turned to face the doors of his new school. Patton walked in, looking for Virgil, when he ran into someone.

Patton fell back on the floor, his glasses nearly falling off. He heard another person drop their books.

"Oh gosh!" Patton sat up, "I'm so sorry!"

"It's quite alright." The person offered their hand to help Patton up.

Patton took it and was pulled to his feet. He felt his cheeks heat up when he looked at the other boy. The other had black glasses and deep blue eyes. His dark brown hair was slicked back with a small amount of gel.

"Are you injured?" The handsome boy asked.

"Um, no, no!" Patton stammered, giggling lightly, "I'm good."

"The correct saying would be 'I am well' or 'I am okay' or 'I am alright'." The boy corrected.

Patton blinked, then burst out laughing, "You're so funny!"

"That... wasn't a joke." The boy said.

Patton shrugged, "dogs aren't a joke and they're still funny."

The boy hummed, "I suppose so. I'm Logan, I'm a freshman."

"That's so cool! I'm a freshman too!" Patton squealed, "I'm Patton!"

"Then I suppose we might see each other in a class." Logan said, picking up his books.

"Yeah!" Patton giggled, "see you later!"

Logan gave him a nod and walked up the stairs to the library.  Patton sighed, a goofy grin on his face.

Virgil walked up to him soon after, "Hey Patt. You look like you just met your soulmate."

Patton nodded, "I just might have."

Virgil laughed lightly, "who's the lucky person?"

"His name is Logan." Patton giggled.

"Logan Sollers?" Virgil asked, "the new kid that wears the tie?"

Patton nodded and giggled lightly. Virgil rolled his eyes. The bell rang and the two went to their study hall.