27

Remy was woken up by a soft kiss on his forhead.

"Rem, the pie is done." Percy whispered.

Remy stretched and sighed, "okay, I'll be there in a minute."

Percy smiled softly and kissed Remy one more time before heading down to the kitchen. Remy rolled out of bed shortly after, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Remy found Percy in the kitchen, putting two slices of pie on plates. The coffee loving adult hugged his husband from behind, resting his head on Percy's shoulder.

"How you doing Rem?" Percy asked, adding a scoop of ice cream to each slice of pie.

"Better," Remy hummed, "it gets a little easier each year."

Percy rested his head against Remy's, "that's good."

Remy kissed Percy just under his ear, "that's what you said last night."

Percy rolled his eyes and handed over one of the plates, "for you, my dear."

Remy chuckled, "Thank you."

"Why don't you go put on a movie?" Percy asked.

"Okay." Remy gave his husband one last kiss before taking his pie out to the living room.

The coffee loving adult turned on the t.v., which was playing the news.

"-eid escaped police custody last night after being accused of child abuse."

Remy dropped the remote in shock.

"Rem? Whats-" Percy froze in the entry way, "oh no."

"I-I knew recognised him." Remy's voice shook, "I-I thought h-he was still i-in jail. I didn't k-know-"

Percy set his pie down and ran over to Remy, "hey, hey, it's okay, he didn't recognize you either, we'll be okay."

"I'm scared." Remy sobbed.

"Its okay," Percy held his husband tighter, "the boys will be home any minute now and they'll all be safe."

"P-patton and V-virgil, t-they're-" Remy stammered.

"Shh, we can tell them when they get home." Percy carded his fingers through Remy's hair.

Remy nodded. Percy bit his lip, where were the the boys? They should be here by now.

"Perce?" Remy grabbed his hand, "I don't what it to happen again."

"Its not Rem," Percy kissed the top of his head, "nothing's going to happen, everything's okay."

The front door was almost thrown open.

"Papa! Dad!" Patton screamed.

Three boys ran into the room, one of them being carried by the others. Logan and Patton layed Roman on the couch. The boy winced in pain and seemed to be struggling to breathe.

"What happened?!" Percy asked, running over to the boys.

"V-virgil's father." Patton cried, "h-he took V-virge and-and h-hurt Roman."

"He kicked me in the ribs." Roman choked out between breaths, "repeatedly."

"Ro, go get out of your binder." Remy instructed, "Logan, help him up to his room, I need to talk to Patt."

Logan nodded and helped Roman upstairs to his room.

"Papa?" Patton asked, sitting down next to Remy.

"Are you okay?" Remy asked.

Patton nodded, "yeah."

"Okay," Remy breathed a sigh of relief, "Patt, have I ever told you the name of the person who... who raped... me?"

Patton shook his head, "no?"

"His name- his name is Augustus Aeneid." Remy said, "and you and Virgil are half-brothers."

Patton's eyes widened, "Virgil and I... are brothers?"

Remy nodded.

"We have to find him and tell him!" Patton yelled, "He's gotta know we're brothers!"

Patton rubbed at his eyes, "What if he never gets to know? What if I lose my brother!?"

Remy pulled Patton into a hug as the boy sobbed, "We'll find him Patt. Once we get all our facts, we'll call the police and tell them everything we know."

Patton nodded into Remy's chest, "I just want my brother back."