Chapter 11.

Previously, on The Portal that changed her life forever.

"The Elder Gods are gone? Shinnok is Kronika's son? No wonder she sent the Black Dragon after me and Dad. We both kicked his ass." Cassie assumed.
"It is not vengeance that drives Kronika. She restarts history to balance light and dark among the realms." Raiden tells them about Kronika's intention.
"What can we do, Lord Raiden?" asked Liu Kang.
"Gather Earthrealm's forces. But that effort will be for naught if Kotal Kahn's armies cannot join us." Raiden said, but he resumed.
"Cetrion informed me that Shao Kahn has captured Kotal Kahn. We must spare no effort to free him."
-

"Thank you... But why are you trying so hard for comfort me like this ever since the factory.."
"Because I care about you and..." he stopped but also asked himself within his heart why he being this way to her. He had only just met her yesterday, but with everything that had happened for one day made him suddenly have a feeling for Stella completely, plus his memories of the incident at the Cyber Lin Kuei factory where Bi-Han beaten up Stella until she was seriously injured, made Kuai even more cares about her.

"Kuai? Are you alright?" Stella says as she noticing Kuai didn't continue his words earlier, she bring him back from his thoughts and answer her.
"I...  I don't want to lose you. I can't even forgive myself when I know what Bi-Han did to you." without hesitation, Stella touching his cheek with her left hand, rubbing the scar on his right eye with her small thumb.

"Didn't I say it before, It's not your fault. Whatever your brother does is not your responsibility. Besides, I'm fine. You can see that my whole body is still intact and I'm alive. So please don't blame yourself." she said with a small smile towards the Grandmaster, meanwhile Kuai is lost in his thoughts again because of Stella's touch. After a long time, Kuai was never feels any of woman's touch or affection, there was Frost who almost get his heart once since he trusted her to be his heir, but all she can do was only to seduce him and to obtain the Grandmistress of the Lin Kuei title, Stella's touch is different according to him. Stella keep rubbing his scar slowly since she definitely knows that Kuai really did enjoy her touch.
-
On the other side, Kitana is already at Shokan and has shown her intentions and purpose to come, she's a little bit struggle by the Queen herself.
"You are passionate, Princess Kitana. But I am not persuaded." Unfortunately the Queen does not feels the same as Kitana.
"Queen Sheeva. Haven't your people fared better under Kotal Kahn than Shao Kahn?" she asked the Queen.
"In some ways. But we can only guess which Kahn will prevail in this struggle. We gain no advantage, choosing sides now." Wisely Queen Sheeva replies to her. Unexpectedly by Kitana that Liu Kang and Kung Lao also came to Shokan, they both guided by the guards to the throne.
"Princess!" Kitana surprised when Liu Kang called her.
"Liu Kang? Why are you here?"
"Kotal Kahn has been captured by the Tarkatans. We must act quickly, before he is executed." Liu Kang inform them, but it does increasingly makes Queen Sheeva unsure of helping Kitana, so she stood up and firmly says.
"My people will not rally to a Kahn held in chains."
"We have Earthrealm's support, your highness. With yours, with can guarantee victory." Yet again Kitana tries to convince the Queen.
-
"Speak, you've earned the chance." Baraka said after he stood up, Kitana began to walk around him then says.
"Shao Kahn has pitted Outworld's peoples against one another for millennia. And for what? To honor of dying in his wars?" Kitana said while circling him, Baraka wont leave his gaze on her.
"We must fight for each other, Baraka. Not with each other." she continued.
"Kotal wants us dead. He said as much to my face." Baraka says.
"Aid us, and I'll make sure you sit at Kotal's table." Kitana turned around and asked him again as a grand question.
"Which do you prefer, Baraka? To be Shao Kahn's slave? Or Kotal Kahn's trusted ally?" The question made Baraka think for a moment, first hand he could not call themselves as slaves but the other he didn't trust Kotal just yet.