Chapter 15.

Previously, on The Portal that changed her life forever.

"This will bring us our deliverance," said Kronika walking towards her crown, she took it from Cetrion's hand then have a look at it briefly with a smile on her face.
"Thank you, both of you." she thanked Jackson and Cetrion for bringing it to her.

"I sense apprehension. Jackson Briggs." he continue by looking at Jackson in front of her, Jackson look around where Revenant Kitana and Liu Kang were.
"I'm not usually surrounded by so many friendly faces." he tells them.

"We are unlikely allies, united for a common cause. Worry not." when Kronika talking to Jackson, Katherine walks towards Cetrion's side and crossed her arms as usual.
"Did you see Noob Saibot in there?" she ask the Elder God in a low tone, It seems like she's worried about Bi-Han. Cetrion looks like she didn't want to talk to her, she saw Katherine for a while then finally replies.
"I'm sure Noob Saibot has left. But I didn't see him in person." her words made Katherine quite relieved.
-
"The report from Jacqueline Briggs. Her father's actions have compromised situation gravely." said Raiden as he walks with Cassie.
"I know. I can't - - I can't believe he did this." she replies to Raiden in surprise.
"Even in we locate her Keep. Kronika's power now likely exceeds the might of our combined forces." Cassie stopped and thought for a while as Raiden was talking.

"Maybe we should rethink about using Shinnok's Amulet." she suggesting, Raiden turn around to see her.
"We cannot. Cassandra Cage." of course Cassie would think Raiden did not agree with her suggestion, she also told him something.

"I've seen what you can do with it. You held off the entire Netherlands armies. You weren't even at the full strength." Raiden resting himself at the bridge, looking at streams in front of him trying to rethink all Cassie's sentences.
"I dare not risk the temptations of dark power. Even now it calls to me..." he closing his eyes while hearing some whispers, Raiden tries his best to ignore the whispers.

"Despite Kronika's advantages. We must attack as soon as we found the Keep's location." he said.
"It's been hours since we heard from Grandmasters and Stella. What's the plan if they don't come back?" Cassie ask him.
"They must, or else hope is lost."
-
"If you are not completely sure, let me help you. Will you keep continue to not believe in my abilities? When are you going to stop thinks of me as a child --" Hanzo held back with her and yelling back to her once more.

"I do not want to lose you too!" by his words, Stella finally understand why he was acting this way, all this time the only thing he wanted for her to be safe, but right now now is not the time for possibilities according to her. If Kharon doesn't want to help them, Stella must use her Macro to make him do it, Stella doesn't want to disobey her Grandmaster again like last time but she had to, she slowly step forward to Hanzo, take off Kuai's grip of hers.
"No.."
"This time with all due respect ..." Stella standing in front of her Grandmaster firmly.
"I will refused your order. I will come with you whatever happens. I know all you want for me to stay safe, but after what happened, everything I have been through, was always do nothing and let everyone sacrifice themselves for me." she grab Hanzo's hand and held it tightly, somehow Hanzo respond her hand as well.