Chapter 14.

Previously, on The Portal that changed her life forever.

"Geras failed. When he returns. I will strengthen him further for the final battle." Kronika finally starts a conversation after getting information that Geras has failed to stop Special Forces. Revenant Liu Kang approaching her step by step, of course Kronika noticing his strange behavior, so she finally approving him to speak with her.
"Speak your mind." he now has permission to talk with Kronika for a while.
"We've lost Shao Kahn, his Outworld army, and now the Black Dragon." a little annoyed in his voice after their achievements at this rate, he did not expect to lose two armies in a day, Raiden really have planned everything very well, and it's upset him.

"While Raiden's allies have burned precious time fighting Kano and Shao Kahn, our most important work has continued, uninterrupted, on Shang Tsung's Island." despite speaking, Kronika continue to focus on working even faster when realizing that one by one her alliance had fallen.
-
"When I was here for the tournament, there were people everywhere. These guys looked a lot younger. Seems like only yesterday..." Jax was shocked by the future of Shang Tsung's island, as just yesterday for him, he was doing tournament, he also looking towards a group of monks, where their position was exactly the same but it had just rotted to death. Jacqui sighed and took her device, checking for any signs of living things or movements around them.
"Guess after Shang Tsung died, this place did, too" she says while checking her device.
"Nobody's home. So much for needing stealth. Should've brought the whole squad." she continued before the device show her something on the screen, a little dot in front of them.
"But wait a minute, I found one in front of us," Jacqui said after the device found one on the radar.
"Is it moving?" he ask when he approach her.
"No ... It just stood there." Is that one of the surviving monks, probably but Jacqui still can't confirm it until they get there.

"Kinda hoping Raiden's wrong about the Well of Souls. I don't wanna be here longer than we--" Before Jax finished his sentence, Jacqui's device rang loudly indicating a movement.
"Multiple contact." she says.
"How many?" Jax ask while checking every corner.
"Two! But one of 'em's circling us real fast. But the target we saw before was still there, these two people suddenly appeared out of nowhere!" something began to approach very quickly, causing Jacqui to throw her device, it circling around them, but without a hesitate Jax stop it with a single blow with his iron arms, revealing present-self Kabal and Revenant Jade also shows up from behind them, looks like Jacqui and Jax were surrounded.
-
"What is this?" Jax had never seen a creature like this before.
"Hi there. How is it going? My name is Shamsiel. The angel of sunlight." Shamsiel speak without moving his mouth, he kept grinding all the time and it was scary.
"The angel of sunlight? Then angels should be harmless." Jacqui stepped forward confidently that Shamsiel would not attack them.
"Oh? Do you want to go through? It's not that easy." suddenly there are appears two mysterious pink pigs from his pompadour hair and released a bright light that was able to throw Jacqui back making her groan.
"Arggghhh!"
"Jacqui! What the hell are you doing? Angel is not supposed to hurt human." Jax tells Shamsiel, while the angel only giggling.
"He seems unfriendly. I've never seen him in my time."