Chapter 13.

Gif's source is from Fairy Tail Wikia. Angel magic, Shamsiel. Absolutely not mine. 😉😉

Previously, on The Portal that changed her life forever.

"If the situation getting out of control, I beg you to bring Stella back to the Fire Garden safely. I do not wish to see anything happen to her." he begs to the Cryomancer, Kuai have this kind of vibes once when he's still have Frost beside him, but he never been this caring just as Hanzo to Stella, so he made himself vow that he also wouldn't let something bad happen to her since he have feelings recently, he's hoping Stella could be the reason for him to open his heart.

"There is nothing will happen to her as long we protect her, Hanzo. I said this once during our mission to Cyber Lin Kuei but now it is going to be different." Kuai reassure the Pyromancer, Hanzo give him a simple nod as understanding.
-
"So Sonya's the skank who burns me?" He suddenly ask the present Kano after he told Kabal everything about future-self in the future, what happened to him and especially who did it.
"She more than burn you, Kabal. She goes black-ops on your arse. Shocks, knives, the bloody works. Patched you back together myself. Well, most of you." present Kano says until it made Kabal even more angry than before, he clenched his fists harder.

"She's dead." Kabal declared making everyone cheering of his words.
"Miss Law and Order really does that to him?" young Kano ask his counterpart between the crowd cheering.

"Nah. But now he's motivated." they both smirks evilly after It turns out that present Kano was lying to Kabal, the truth is Sonya didn't burned him alive but it was Kintaro when Outworld invaded Earthrealm in the past.
-
"Now this is a pickle." suddenly present Kano reappeared with Johnny in his hand and a knife on his abdomen, Sonya thought for a second about Cassie whereabout but she still think positively.
"Can you break his neck faster than I can gut Pretty Boy? Don't forget, it's two-for-one. He dies, so does your little girl!" Sonya pause for a while and thought of Kano's words, and then she smiled at him.
"Thanks, Kano." she thanked him.
"For what?" Kano ask what she was thank him for.
"For reminding me of the rules." without hesitation but also quickly she took out her gun and shooting at young Kano, right on his eyes he was shot to death instantly, with the moment of past-self Kano's death, making his counterpart experience the same thing, he suddenly also had a hole in his eyes and then disappearing like sand, finally Kano erased from present time.
-
Suddenly Cassie arrived in a truck carrying goods, thankfully Sonya in time to avoid by jumping sideways, Geras was stabbed with the tip of the truck while he could not see because Cassie also turned on the headlights.
"Try coming back from this!" Cassie said by throwing two grenades at Geras' then exploding along with the truck, made Geras's body scattered everywhere, the explosion radius was enough to make Cassie got pushed, Sonya embrace her in her arms.

"You okay?" her mother asked.
"I'll be fine. I come from tough stock." she smiled at her mother, but Sonya finally wanted to confess something between them.
"Listen. What I said back at the base, about the mission. It wasn't fair. You're a damn fine soldier. I'm so proud. I can almost picture myself dating Johnny. Almost." she tells her daughter with a wink at almost part.
"I wish I could go back. Do our last mission over." Cassie also have confession and something she wish for towards her mother, she really does want to have Sonya back in the present.