Chapter 20.

Previously. On The Portal that changed her life forever.

"This one looks different." Kuai suddenly heard what Jacqui said so he go after her.
"Have you seen this thing before?" Cassie ask her partner with surprised.
"Yeah.. Jax and I were on Shang Tsung's Island before right? We were confronted by angels but in different forms before we could reach the Well. It seems like I forgot what the caster's name was." Jacqui tries to remember while punching those undead in front of her, she also would ask Jax about it.
"Dad! Do you know the caster name of angels that step in our way back in the Island?" she yells at Jax but it seems Jackson know who's she talking about so he replies her question.

"Katherine the Angel!" says Jackson after he destroy two of undead's heads together by smashing them, then Kuai suddenly say something.

"Of course.. Katherine Kingsleigh." Kuai known about Stella's friend's name is when she was still on recovering state after they have returned from infiltrating Cyber Lin Kuei mission, Kuai is really worried back then so he decided to waits for Stella in treatment room meanwhile he rested himself, when he also fall asleep Kuai accidentally heard Stella mumbled in her sleep, mentioned name Katherine Kingsleigh several times then he assumed it is her best friend name after Stella told him about her lifetime partner during Nightmare Circus Arc.
-
"Seriously?" she starts shaking in anger in front of Stella, wishing that she could avenge what she have done to her, but yet again something holding her back, so she rather shows what's in her angelic sleeves, there was scars all over her arms, it turns out when Stella left the circus, Zidler was furious to Katherine and then torture her with whip that always he had in his hand, nothing she can do stop him so she decided to make her arms as a shield everytime Zidler get furious towards her.

"People hurt me long after you left, my food ration reduced to zero or maybe I could say I almost didn't eat anything, but that doesn't matter for me. Because no one hurt me quite like you, Stella.." she pause for a moment.

"You didn't leave scars.. You just left me alone.. Do you know how it feels like to be alone?" Stella couldn't say anything but stare at her best friend arms full of scars.
-
"Who is that? Reinforcements?" they were fascinated by the person being able to defeat Barakiel with just one attack.
"I don't know.. Probably Lord Raiden?" other soldier says, then all of them saw the person that actually a female figure, she's really looks like a little girl. Scorpion, Cassie, Kuai and other kombantants gathers with Kitana Kahn, they're all curious who is this little girl that just defeated Barakiel so easily without a sweat.
"No way! Lord Raiden not using a bands to attack. Besides, it's a little girl." another soldier once again says, before they could continue assuming who is that might, there is a loud scream coming out.
"Hiyaaaaaah !!" another girl appear before them, she jumps then stomp her feet to the ground then suddenly come out like a very sticky and hot liquid from the ground, melting some of the undead.
"Do you really have to yell every time you attack. You idiot." the girl with bands says meanwhile the other just giggles cheerfully.
-
"Is the battle lost?" ask Revenant Kitana to the Keeper of Time.

"Victory is still at hand. The Hourglass is nearly ready. You will prevent Liu Kang's interference. But you will require more assistant." she began to grace the Revenants with her power.