30

"That's one word" Simonique walked up to me and embraced me.

"Who cares. This right here is my dream house." He said practically bouncing like a five year old on Christmas day.

"Whatever Ky" she said, then hauled me to the poolside. "I can tell something is on your mind. Talk to me"

"There's nothing to talk about. I mean, I have this beautiful house, a very handsome husband and very soon, we're gonna be parents. What more could I ask for? "

"Zanya just yesterday, you didn't want to get married to Maliky. Somethings wrong"

"Fine. I feel horrible okay. One of my babies died, I'm a college dropout and to top it all off, Maliky hates me" I shouted the last part as tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"I don't hate you." Maliky came startling me

"Yes you do. You don't even talk to me." I said ignoring the rapid beating of my heart

"I don't, it's just that I'm not...I don't..." He sighed and sat beside me on the pool chair I was sitting on

"I kinda took her out here for girls talk" Simonique said putting air quotes around the last two words.

"I'm not good at expressing myself" he said, ignoring Sim.

"Girl talk Ky what do you not understand."

"I need to let her know that I don't hate her" Maliky replies

"Then you can do that later" Sim suggested but he shook his head

"Very sleepy. Can't go to bed knowing she thinks I hate her." he reasoned

"Fine" She said as she got up and walked away

"I don't hate you" he said again which caused me to smile

"I kinda got that part already" I shrugged

"I'm a man of few words. I don't wanna end up saying something stupid so I don't say anything. Zanya you're strong, smart, beautiful, sweet, considerate and you're the mother of my daughter. What's not to like."