9

"What do you think about this for you father's business party next week" mom asked as she stepped out of the fitting room.

She was wearing an elegant red silk gown that flows beautifully to the floor. The sequins glinting as the light hits it. The dress was gorgeous and so was my mom.

"it's beautiful mom" I said as she did a little twirl

We decided to buy the dress, a pair of red six inch stilettos, some hair accessories and a silver bracelet set with red rubies in it.

As we were finished with the shopping, we headed back to mom's car in the parking lot. I took my seat in the passenger side of the vehicle while mom took hers in the driver's seat and left for home.

I didn't even look at her. I couldn't look at her. I mean, what would she think if she found out about my pregnancy.

"Zanya, do you want to talk about it" she asked and I looked up at her shocked

"How..." I didn't even had to finish for her to know what I'm talking about.

"I'm your mother, I always know when something is bothering you"

"I... nothing" I didn't bother telling her

I noticed she was turning into the parking lot of some high class restaurant. Normally when mom and I go to the mall, we would eat at McDonald's, so this was a bit weird to me.

"I'm meeting your aunt here" she said as she turned off the engine. "You can talk to me. I won't tell your father if that's what you're afraid of"

"Mom, you know Maliky right?" I asked

"Is he that kid your father hired a few weeks ago?"

"yeah, that's him" I replied before saying "Well, I'm...uh.... having his...um... baby"

She laughed. I mean clutch stomach, short breath laugh. And all I did was sat there watching her. She thought I was lying about my pregnancy. I can't blame her though, I am...was her most responsible child

"You think I'm joking" I stated as she ended her laughing fit

"You're not?" she asked looking at my blank expression

"No mom, I'm not."