11

As soon as I got home, I went straight to bed. Sleep consumed me immediately after I fell into bed. I haven't slept since I found out about the pregnancy but it seems that knowing that mom isn't angry, lifted a weight off my shoulder.

According to my mom, I slept for the entire weekend and only got up for food. Honestly it was all a blur to me. I only recall waking up early Monday morning for class.

Maliky kept staring at me during class and I found it quite uncomfortable. It was like he wanted to kill me or something, which would be justified since I slapped him in front of the whole class. Whenever Professor Juan would call to him to pay attention, he would pretend until she turned back to the board. The bell rang indicating the end of class and all I did was sat there in thoughts.

"I've been thinking, what reason could innocent little Zanya Knight have to slap me..." he paused stooping to my height since I'm still seated "I came up with nothing. Now if it was someone who had no problems with hurting a woman would you still hit him in front of so many people?"

"I...I...I don't know"

"Why did you do it" he asked and I shook my head

"I was angry. You used me Maliky. Made me believe that you cared and worst of all got me pregnant" I said the last part in a barely audible tone but with how close he was, I'm sure he's heard me.

"And why are you so sure this baby is mine?" he asked not even lowering his voice and the few people who stayed back in the room looked at us

"Because you're the only person I've ever slept with" I started to sob "there was no one before or after you"

"Why should I believe that you are really pregnant?"

At that question, all I did was gave him a copy of the results then left.