Oneshot #16 Stormy Night

(Karkles doesn't like storms and usually deals with them alone, but Dave swoops in to save the day!)

Suggested by: Thatonegaycactus

The frightening sound of thunder filled the shared apartment, Dave, and I have.

Another loud boom sounds out, making me flinch. Deciding that I've had enough of this bullshit I sprint to my room.

Grabbing all near blankets and Dave's hoodie that I stole, I jump on the bed. I put on the hoodie and wrapped myself in the blankets. Putting on the hoodie took some trial and effort seeing as I'm wearing a sweater.

Once wrapped in everything I felt better, I felt warm and safe. That is until another boom sounded out. Letting out an uninvolintary squeak I bury my face in the hoodie. I take a big sniff of the hoodie trying to calm myself down.

I never and probably never will tell Dave but Im very red for him. His scent is one of my favorites and helps me calm down. But tonight it isn't working. The unrelenting boom sound is keeping me scared.

I hadn't realized until minutes later that tears were streaming down my face. And I was constantly letting out short screams. Once I did realize I bit down on one of the blankets in the hopes of not waking Dave up, but it appears I'm to late.

My door creeks open and Dave pops his head in.

"Kitkat, are you okay? I heard screaming and wanted to see what-"

A set of three booms went off. Forgetting  about being quiet I let out a loud scream and bury myself further. More tears pour down my cheeks soaking them and the hoodie.

"Woah shit hold on, fuck Kitkat I'm here."

Dave runs over and gets on the bed with me. He lifts the blankets and gets under them with me. Dave opens his arms and I crawl into his lap. I lift my arms up and half heartedly wrap around his neck. I nuzzle into his shoulder, also attempting to calm my crying down so I don't get his shirt wet.

But of course the world fucking hates me and more thunder sounds off.

Dave pets my head and stifts his hands though my hair. He makes a shooshing noise like I'm a little wriggler. It honestly did help, it made me feel like a wriggler again.

After a while of him helping me and us cuddleing the thunder stopped and I managed to calm down. My breathing slowed down and I nuzzle into Dave's neck more.

More cuddling and I finally sit back up.

"THANKS DAVE.... YOU HELPED A LOT...... I USUALLY HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IT MYSELF SO THA-"

"Shhhh dont mention it, I would always want to help you."

"WHY?" I ask quirking up my eyebrows.

"Well for one it's not ironic to have a crying and scared roommate."

I nod telling him to go on.

"And two its not fun to have a person you care a shit ton about crying and scared."

"WH-WHAT? WHY DO YOU CARE A SHIT TON?"

"Well why do you think Karkles?" It takes me a minute before I get it. And when I do I make and 'o' shape with my mouth.

Dave nods and we stare at each other for a while before we lean in. Our lips touch softly. We pull back only to go in again this time a little more passionate.bOur lips move in a slow synchronized dance.

We pull away and take a few deep breaths before smiling at each other.

We get rid of most of the blankets and get comfortable. A our limbs intertwine together and I start to drift.

"So when am I getting my secretly stolen hoodie back?"

"HA! NEVER."