06

I open the door walking into my house I slowly shut the door making sure it didn't slam because it was late at night. "HOW WAS IT" I jumped in fright as Camila stood right in front of me.

"God Mila you can't just pop out like that!"

"Sorry! Now tell me how was the date! Did you guys kiss?! Have sex?!" I rolled my at the brunette as I walked past her going up the stairs. "Ok first of all it wasn't a date, secondly she doesn't like me like to kiss me, or even have sex with me...and you know my situation so I'm not having sex anytime soon" Camila groans as she plops on my bed.

"How was the date?" Ally walks in "it was not a date!"

"Ok? Well, how was your day with Normani? Did you guys kiss? Have sex?" She wiggles her eyebrows. I sighed "I swear you guys are like sex addicts. No we didn't do anything we just talked, went out to eat, and went to the arcade, after that her best friend kept calling and we ended it there" the girls that were sitting on my bed looked at each other.

"Sounds like a date to me" they both say at the same time. I rolled my eyes once again. "Ok, Normani is a nice girl and she's fun to hang out with. But I don't see myself becoming really close to her because once again she's this huge celebrity and I'm a broke 22 years old still trying to get my shit together!"

"That's not the reason, you're just scared that once you guys get close and you finally get the courage to tell her about your dick, she'll run away" I glared at Camila who just shrugged her shoulders.

She was right that's exactly what I'm scared of. It happened with 2 of my exes. I loved them and they just ran away because it was weird.

I'm not about to get heartbroken because of it.

"She could pay for it," Ally says "you know for the surgery"

"You're late Ally already gave her that idea"

"Hmm really? Great minds think alike" they high five each other "you guys are crazy"

_______

I grabbed the 2 dollars off the table putting it into my pocket as I grabbed the dirty dishes of the table carrying it to the back.

I grabbed a rag and wiped down the table. I looked up once I head the door opening to see Normani and her best friend Lauren.

"Fuck" I cursed under breath trying to make it to the back before she could see me "Hey y/n!"

Dang, it.

I turned around throwing the rag somewhere. "Normani! Lauren hi" I walked to them as they sat down. "I told you she's broke," Lauren says not trying to be hush about it. I frowned. "Lauren!"

"What!"

I licked my lips "Can I take your order?" I asked "I'm sorry about her you didn't answer my text this morning"

"yeah I was going to answer but then I got busy I'm so-"

"I'll have pancakes, fried eggs sunny side up, and a hash brown. Babe, what would you like?" Lauren cuts me off. I wrote it down deciding not to finish my sentence. "Um, I'll have what she's having" I nodded "and for the drink?"

"Orange juice" "Lemonade"

I wrote it down before walking away. Hanging the paper in the window so that the cook could see.

"A bitch isn't she?" I turned to one of my co-workers Shawn. "what?" He points to Normani and Lauren. "Oh yeah, the one with the long brown hair. I don't think she likes me that much"

"What's not to like?" I chuckled "a lot" I mumbled as I grabbed two cups and making their drinks. I walked away from Shawn and walked back to the table placing their drinks on the table.

"Thank you," Normani says I smiled walking away and going back to Shawn who was looking at the girls.
"Stop staring before they think we're talking about them"

"I'm trying to look intimidating is it working?"

"No it's making you look like a creep" he looks over at me. "Alright spill what am I missing?" I groaned "nothing"

"There's something! Tell me now!" Everyone looked at us "shush do you have to be so loud?"

"I won't be quiet until you tell m-"

"Ok!" I smiled at those who were looking at us before pulling him near the bathroom which was around the corner. "Normani and I hanged out last night...there are you happy?" He raises his eyebrows in surprise "you went on a date? And you didn't tell me? I thought we were friends!"

"Why does everyone keeps saying it's a date. It was not a date, it was a little hangout...that's all" he nods " Do you like her?"

"She's very pretty...but I'm not trying to get attached you know my problem" his eyes widen "oh right which reminds me" he digs in his pockets handing me some money. "I told you to stop giving me money" I pushed his hand away from me.

"As a friend, I want to help so take it" he extends his hand out which I pushed again. "I do not need your money"

"I'm trying to be nice" he extends it again"

"No"

"Yes"

"No!" I say through my teeth "yes!" He says through his.

"What's going on right here?" We look to see Lauren. Shawn quickly shoves the money in my pocket. "I'm clocking out y/n! Have a nice day and tell me more about your date!" I squeezed my eyes shut pinching the bridge of my noes.

Tell the whole world, will you?

"Date? You're telling everyone that you and Normani went on a date?" I shook my head. "No!"

"It wasn't a date...My best friend would never date anyone like you. I'm surprised she's associating with you" she pushes past me, going into the bathroom. I heard the bell ding.

I walked to the window and grabbed the plates which had Normani and Lauren food on it.

I placed on it the table. "Thank you y/n" I nodded walking away but she grabs my hand. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine....would you like a refill?" She looks at her cup which was half empty "yeah" I grabbed it before refilling it.

After like 30 minutes the two were finally done and had just left. I walked to the table to see that I had 2 $50 bills on the table. I looked out the glass window to see Normani staring at me as her friend got into the car. She brings her hand up to her face forming her hand into a phone and mouthing "call me" I smiled at her grabbing the money and placing it in my pocket........