Volume 1 Chapter 11: The Sting

Another short chapter. Well, it's not really a chapter as it a setup for the Volume Finale, which is the next chapter. Stay tuned!

"So, are we not gonna talk about what happened yesterday?" Weiss asked, holding a mug full of coffee in her hand. It was late at night and the pair were in their car, keeping an eye out for The Infamous Vulture. Both officers had a coffee to keep them up.

"What's there to talk about? I got much needed information." Ruby responded, adding a small shrug at the end. She took a sip of the coffee and cringed. The young Rose always had a sweet tooth, so the bitter taste of the beverage was unwelcomed. But nonetheless, they needed to stay up for their little sting.

"By breaking several codes." Weiss muttered, taking a sip from her mug. She felt indifferent about the taste of the bitter coffee, plus her mind was too focused on her partner's sudden change in attitude. To be fair, one of her closest friends did die, but this felt...different.

Ruby didn't respond to that remark, just sighing and shaking her head. No one understood just how much she wanted to lock The Vulture and his goons away. She kept focus on the street, examining every passing criminal.

Ruby and Weiss made sure to go full undercover. Renting a normal car and putting on their casual attire so the several criminals wouldn't catch on. Though, they still looked out of place due to their rather nice clothes. Especially Weiss, who's classy clothes looked like what normal people would wear to a wedding.

Amazingly, they were left alone, except for a few looks. The duo sat in silence for the longest time, but it didn't take words for Weiss to tell Ruby was beyond angry. The Schnee could practically feel her menacing aura radiating and filling the car. She wanted to try and make small talk, but was worried anything could make her explode like she did to that thug the day before.

Unlike Ruby, Weiss wasn't that focused on trying to find The Vulture. Instead, she was using this sting to stargaze. She figured if The Vulture actually showed up, Ruby would spot him.

Her attention was eventually grabbed by a bright pink trunk with neon lights surrounding it. She chuckled at the rather odd appearance of the vehicle before nudging Ruby. "Hey, check out that stud of a vehicle."

Ruby turned her head over to the vehicle, before breaking into a small giggle. This was the first time she had shown her childish and innocent side in awhile, and it was infectious causing Weiss to smile as well.

But it was who stepped out of the vehicle that really made her day. As you probably already know, none other than The Vulture and Co. left the vehicle and went inside a small, sketchy corner store, coming out a few minutes later with a shit ton of prescription painkillers.

Ruby was quick to follow them, staying a few cars length behind. Finally, the crew stopped at an isolated building in the middle of nowhere and piled out, entering the hideout. Ruby drove past to avoid suspicion, but was quick to pull over on the side of the road.

"Weiss. Call Coco. Tell her we found them."