20. Sappy Ending

A couple weeks passed and the end of school was nearing. I was not so happy about that. I had finals the last week of school. I was fine with that. I was not wanting school to end; it was my happy place. Dr. Barns was moving after the school year, and I miss her a lot. She was such an amazing person and teacher all together. I appreciate her a lot. I cried when she said she was going to move. She was big supporter for me. In December she gave me a card, so I got her a card and printed a picture out that was of her and me. Mrs. Gibson also helped me a lot; they both inspire me greatly.

Ellison and I walked to Dr. Barns' room and talked for less than a minute. Before I left, I raised my right arm. "I promise." Dr. Barns smiled. "I fully intend to keep it. You won't be disappointed," I told her. I promised a lot to her that I wouldn't self-harm I broke it often, but ever since I made the promise to her at the end of the school year, I haven't done anything to harm myself. If only she knew. School was out, and I left Hadley's to go visit my mom in Indiana. I was sad because I would miss Hadley, Kimmy, Tommy, Dr. Barns, and Mrs. Gibson. These people helped me a lot through out my school year, and if it they hadn't have been in my life at the time I needed them, there'd be no more me. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for them.