America

Why Maxon? The first day that I gave up bed rest, I want to stay in bed. After the meeting, I ran up to the room and started crying. Oh, I cried a river. I haven't seen Maxon act like that since he knew why Aspen has notes on the wall. Aspen. Oh, how he had to deal with Maxon resisting his grip. Ordering him to let him go. America, how you keep it inside.But how selfish Maxon was. Cussing in front of a child. I wonder if he would do it to our little one. At that moment, as Maxon walked in, my anger flew out of me like a bird flying out of a cage for the first time.

I slapped him.

My hand had never felt that much heat in my life. Then my voice rose.

"Maxon Schreave," I said tears in my eyes " Do you know what you did, curse in front of a child? A CHILD! I don't know if you lost your mind or you meant it but we just lost our ONLY connection to the outside world. Thanks a lot, smarta**! We are like your parents. We don't do a single thing about Illéa or any other countries. We are falling apart, Maxon! Is this how you'll act in front of our child? I'm not really sure you want this child." I subconsciously put my hand on my stomach. It felt like everything froze. I said what every woman had to say in their life, "Go sleep somewhere else." With his head hung low, Maxon left.

There is a reason why I kept it all inside, I realize.