I2I - Library

I walk close behind Roger through the locker halls, he still wasn't answering any of my questions.

"What's your favorite animal?"

He turned towards one locker finally and I watched his fingers twist in the combination quickly and he opened it.

It's been a couple of days, and this man still hasn't really told me anything about him. He's really only been ignoring me. Soon I should just give up, but I'm a champion.

I stand behind his locker door, seeing his hands inside his locker doing something.
He finally pulls out a notebook and a binder.

"What are your hobbies?"

And with that, he slams his locker door loudly and turns to me with a rageful glare. I step back a step for my own safety. There's that look he's been giving me all week.

"Can you stop?!"

"I just want to know some more about you, I think you're intriguing," I speak only the truth.

Roger narrows his eyebrows and I watched his face turn red. "Listen, I don't know what's going on in that astrophysics brain of yours, but just because we sit at the same lunch table and you give me answers to questions in English does not mean we're friends!"

I became overly happy by his choice of using "astrophysics" instead of "space". The rest of his response was quite sad, so I don't know how to reply.

He notices my slightly upset look and no reply so he clears his throat and walks closer to me. "You still have your bag," Roger points at my shoulder bag. I look down at it and back up confused. "What about it?"

"Don't you have a locker?"

---------------------------------------------

After placing my bag in my locker I pull out my English notebook and my planner, shut my locker and turned to Roger with his arms crossed, looking around the halls at different people walking by, or people standing across the way. He finally looks over to me and notices I have my stuff and he shortly smiles. Not friends, huh?

Without a word, we both start walking down the hall towards our first class. There was silence between us for a few moments, then I finally decide to break it.

"So, Roger."
I make sure I say his full name instead of 'Rog' because he scolded me yesterday.

"What?"

"Anything you'd like to know about me?" I smirked over to him. He cocks his eyebrow at me and looks ahead again to be appearing to be thinking of something to ask.

"Yeah, explain that curly mess you call hair."

I chuckle, "I like it like this! It makes me unique."

"Yeah, okay." His lips curl into a smile and he turned his head the other way as if he were trying to hide it. I think he's warming up to me.

We finally stop at the classroom door and he crosses his arms looking around at different students. Is he looking for someone? If I ask, he'll probably yell at me again.

We both don't say anything, but I continue to eye him as he looks at everyone around us but for me. Maybe he doesn't even want to be my friend, but I do. I've never done anything to him.

Just as I try checking the time on my watch, I hear the bell ring loudly. Back to the first period.

-----------------------------------------

"Alright, class. Listen! We are starting a project today that's due next Monday." Mr. Beach called out at the front of the room, causing everyone to get quiet after I hear a few groans. This was going to be the first project I've ever done in this school, and I'm sure I'll do well.