I30I - Closer to my Grave

February 14th, 2 years later

Senior year

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sort out all my things, throwing them back into my locker and frantically searching about. I can't believe I fucking lost the card! This is bad. This is really bad.

I was going to give Roger the best card for Valentine's day, but I was rushing to math and ended up throwing it into my locker trying to get a move on to class. Roger usually comes to me during this passing period before lunch so we can walk together and it feels as if there's a ticking time bomb telling me that he will be right behind me at literally any moment. My heart beats faster as I begin to panic. The card has everything we've done together on it, and how much everything means to me. That'll be a surprise at lunch.

Already 2 minutes pass by and at last, I position a piece of paper between my fingers underneath the mess of notebooks and various other things and Pull it out with a grin of relief as I fit it into my hoodie pocket.

"Hey, Bri!" I jump at the sudden voice behind me and I spin around to see Freddie instead of Roger. Where even is Roger?

"Oh! Uh, hey, Fred. Have you seen Rog?"

Freddie squints for a moment, staring up to the ceiling in thought before shrugging unknowingly, but he seems to be bouncing on his feet happily, "Nope. Not since Spanish. But, guess what?!"

He hides straight to grinning again, and there's only one reason why he could be smiling so hard in the first place. The reason is usually Jim, Freddie's boyfriend. He never can go a day without talking about him, whether it is in the group chat or whenever he is with the rest of us, he is very obsessing over Jim. It had gotten to a point where now I know most things about Jim already. His favorite color, the names of his parents, how tall he is, what he is studying in school, etc. Every little detail that he told Freddie, the rest of us know. I used to feel bad for John when Freddie first started talking to Jom, but it feels like soon enough he just got over it and enjoyed Fred's company. Can't wait to see that afro-haired man at lunch.

"What's happening with Jim, Freddie?" I predictingly ask, a small smile gently on my face in interest as I close my locker and pull out my phone to open it and go to the chat for Roger. "He is taking me out to dinner tonight! A marriage proposal can't be far behind!"

I snicker and jokingly roll my eyes as I begin to type, slightly drifting out of the conversation. "You're still in school, though. And you haven't started dating until a few months ago."

Freddie starts to go on about how that wasn't an issue, but my eyes are glued to my phone once Roger starts typing back.

                        You: Not coming? Lol

DuDuWap💞: I will just give me a minute. Dealing with something

        You: Can I know where you are ? 😉

DuDuWap💞: My locker. BUT DO NOT SHOW UP I WILL LITERALLY BE RIGHT THERE.

                                                You: ok

DuDuWap💞: Brian May I fucking love you but I swear on my kimono do not show up

                                         You: got it

DuDuWap💞: BRIAN I KNOW YOU. PLEASE DO NOT. IM SERIOUS THIS TIME

                       You: ROG-PODGE, I GET IT