I10I - Empty Doubts

I had already gotten through three classes on Monday morning and all I have been thinking about is this weekend. Where just Me and Roger are going shopping together. Alone.

I feel the goosebumps rise on my arms just thinking about it, as I pull out my history notebook from my locker, watching my hands shake. It's almost like I'm a scared puppy, more realistically, a scared poodle. Not only is it accurate because of my hair, but because I cling onto Roger and I always try to be closer to him, no one would've guessed!

To add on top of the weekend I'm bracing for, the first period was just amazing as usual. This time Rog and I talked about our favorite Beatles songs, which I was quite invested in. Apparently, he really likes "All you need is love" which makes my mind race with how adorable it is that he likes such a sweet song.

I stand still for a small moment, happier than ever, before finally shutting my locker and getting ready to walk to history until I hear a familiar voice behind me,

"Hey, Brian! Wait up!"

For a slight millisecond as this person started to talk, I had high hopes that the slightly high pitched voice was Roger. So as in, that millisecond, I lit up, but as the rest of the words flowed out, I'm kinda disappointed to know that it's actually just Christine Mullen. Or, as she likes to be called, Chrissie.

She's been trying to get close to me for the past couple weeks, and I've tried to grow a liking for her too, don't get me wrong. The thing is that we have nothing in common or anything interesting to talk about. Every conversation with her seems boring and dull, and even sometimes I get a kick out of a few conversations just being plain awkward.

Not being an asshole, I turn around a put on a fake smile waiting for her to catch up to me. "Oh, hi, Chrissie."

She grinned up at me and pat my back as we started walking again, I really can't make out why though.

"Long time no see, Bri,"

We talked only on Friday. Two whole days ago. Though I want to be annoyed, I know she's just trying to strike up a conversation.
She giggles as I keep my eyes straight ahead.

"So, how was your weekend? What did you do?" Chrissie asks politely. There's not really a point in lying about anything. "Well, on Saturday I played tennis with a few friends-"

"Tennis?! I'm fucking great at tennis!" She yells as if she's joking almost. "You should have invited me!"
I really hope she's being sarcastic. Roger probably would have hated Chrissie showing up because he always has this strange big tension whenever Chrissie's around me. She really isn't doing anything bad, unless being annoying is a crime.

If Chrissie did go, by now she probably would've already put a restraining order on Roger or something. He would have given her fucking waffle face at least.

I pretend to laugh hoping it was a joke, "I mean, Roger was there. You probably wouldn't want to go anyways." Is all I say, hoping for the conversation to calm a bit.

I listen to her breathy, loud sigh above all the students talking, "Guess you're right."

I finally look over to her, and she looks panicked or something about what I had said. She has this kind of fake smile and she stares down at her feet. I wonder why she's so scared of Roger and why Roger basically hates her.

"Speaking of Roger, what's that tension between you guys? I don't get it." I ask casually as if it was nothing. But I know for a fact it can be a touchy subject, depending on the circumstances.

It seems like her attention is finally fully focused on me and she doesn't hesitate to give an answer, "I think it may be because of what happened between us last year. Something happened between me and his boyfriend and he took it as my fault,"