I4I - Denying Feelings

I watch Freddie eat his salad at the speed of light, John staring at him awkwardly sat next to him. I would be eating my own, but I'm too distracted. Deaky finally speaks up, "Why are you eating so fast?"

I look back at Freddie for a response. He drops his bowl onto the table, some lettuce getting everywhere, "I'm hungry, gotta problem?"

"No. Don't eat too fast or your stomach will-"

Freddie starts eating quickly again, non-stopping. John rolls his eyes and takes a bite of his own food. "Did you tell Brian about tomorrow yet, Fred?"

Freddie stops eating again, he should be done because I really only see pieces of lettuce left and Apparently he was still not done. A look of realization appears on Freddie's face, "Fuck, I forgot-"

It seems like he has completely forgotten about telling me who his crush is, and as curious as I am, I can't push him to tell me. I'll find out soon enough, or not at all.

"Tell me what?" I question, eyebrows raised.

"Roger isn't here with us at the moment, but usually us three on the weekends go out and do something as friends. Tomorrow we're just going to chill at this park at sunset. Want to join?"

It's shocking that they are allowing me to join a thing they do as a group of friends. Am I considered part of the group?

I try not to grin and I wonder out loud, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, dear! We'll bring food and crap and just relax and talk!" Freddie explains, "And like John mentioned, Roger will be there too-" he innocently winked. This man is crazy! I laugh shyly and start coughing as John slapped his arm. "Freddie, no."

Freddie sarcastically quivered his bottom lip staring at Deaky and then turned back to me and giggled, "coming or not? You can come at about 5:30."

"Sure, if I'm welcomed! Where is this park?"

"We can text you the location- just give me your number," John said, pulling out his phone.

Maybe they do really see me as their friends now. After giving him my number, I couldn't help but wonder where Roger was. I wonder if he's homesick, he wasn't in class for the first period to see me turn in our project, and he wasn't in any other class I have with him. I've been wanting to talk to him for a while because if the conversation we had last night.

"Do you guys know where Rog is?"

Freddie shook his head and looked at John to see if he knew at all. Not to my surprise, he shakes his head as well. "He's been staying home a lot lately, so he's probably just at home."

"Any idea why?" I ask. They both shrug, "Who knows? This is Roger we're talking about."

The puzzle pieces won't fall into place until I actually ask him or something, but I don't want to be a nosey asshole asking about where he is every second of the day, even though for some reason I always want to know. I take a bite of my salad, staring down. Would he mind it if I asked him? Once again, I don't pay attention to their change if topic about whatever and I space out.

He would probably mind It, but I'm so fucking curious. Why am I so obsessed, I barely know anything even about him.

"Brian, you seem distracted." I hear Fred's voice with a concerned tone. I look up and shift my eyes to the side, "I'm not-"

"Is it about Roger? Listen, he's fi--" even though John was trying to make me feel better, my dumbass decides to interrupt him with embarrassment. "It's not about Roger. Why does everything have to be about Roger?!" I slam my hands on the table, almost yelling. John frowns and Freddie speaks up, "Listen, we're just asking. Don't get insecure about It, Bri."