I21I - Hi, Mr. May

*Brian's P.O.V-*

-VERY long chapter-

-----------------------------------

It seems like I'm comparing the two different price tags and sizes of the different brands of boxed salty crackers for the longest time. I have a feeling it's not because I'm actually trying to get the best deal. It's Roger who keeps popping into my head and distracting me. I thought going grocery shopping would distract me from the whole situation I've been upset about since yesterday, but everything is reminding me of him. He obviously wants nothing to do with me anymore. He only read my text message and hasn't been answering my calls. He wasn't even at school today and that worries the hell out of me as he's said he was going to start going more often to raise his grades. And then I ate lunch alone for a short while before Chrissie came and sit next to me, and I just pretended she was Roger. It wasn't the same.

It's only been a day but I can't do anything without him on my mind. I messed up so badly, I'm too much a nervous asshole to tell him how I feel. Of course, Freddie had to say that and Roger had to think the secret was something so big and he thinks that I can't trust him. Of course, I trust him!

I don't know if it's already too late, and I already lost someone important to me once again. I'm not going to invade his privacy by going to his house, but he's giving me no choice when he's not answering the 50 calls I call him with and I'm already considering it. Either he just really hates me or something really bad happened to him. I hope it's just the fact that he hates me to be completely honest. I have been neglecting my parents because of him and I've been passive-aggressive. This isn't like me.

I snap out of it and quickly grab one of the boxes, no longer caring about which one I grabbed and I throw it into the small grocery basket that's over my arm holding a few other food items I bought. I think it's about time I leave.

I feel so tired as I walk up to one of the registers to scan my items, I stayed up so long last night, most of the time pondering everything I should have done to keep Roger in my life, and the other part of the time was trying to call him.

It's quite pathetic how hooked I am, to be honest. I have no idea when I'll give up on trying to reach out to him. I barley give the cashier any manners after he packed a bag with my stuff, and I quickly pay once he's ready and I take the bag. I start to make my way towards the exit with my bag in my hand.

I wish Roger would talk to me.

What if he never comes to school again?

What if he did, or will do something to himself?

All these things run through my mind as the cool air hits my face as I walk out into the dark, misty night. Maybe I should go down to his house to see him, I didn't mean what I said, nor' do I mean to keep this stupid secret from him. My stupid ass called him sensitive in the heat of the moment. Once he started freaking out, I started freaking out and said the most darn things.

Just before I can enable myself to go across the crosswalk, instead of just the sound of quiet winds or even just my own thoughts, I hear quiet sobbing come from behind me, and it causes me to spin around to see where it was coming from, because it's pretty odd coming from an empty parking lot and a falling apart store. I look around before my attention is drawn to someone who's blonde and very petite, laying on the dirty ground, curled into a ball, having their face pressed to their knees. They let out large buffs of air as they quietly sob. I can't tell if it's a homeless or not.

I feel a sharp ache to my heart, having the need to help this person in need because there's obviously something wrong. But my dad has always told me never to trust any stranger if it looks somewhat suspicious. I can't tell if it's a woman or man either due to how dark it is and I can't even see the person's face. It seems kinda suspicious, a person laying on the ground crying, no bags, no anything.