I17I - Distraction

I honestly don't know how to feel about this entire week anymore. John has been avoiding us the entire time while it's already Friday, and I don't think I've seen him around once. I don't even know if he's been coming to school or just straight up avoiding us. And something bad about that is that Freddie hasn't seen him or talked to him since Tuesday either. He has sat with me and Roger during lunch, but he obviously hasn't been himself.

It's so weird just to know Freddie as a loud and flamboyant person, has changed completely so a quiet, distracted person. Roger and I have tried cheering him up during lunch by trying to bring up conversations of his cats, or even just how much he hates his teachers. He never got too into detail like usual. Oh, and don't even get me started on how his loud, colorful outfits had changed to normal boring clothes. It hasn't been very fun to see that in the last few days.

But I'm pretty sure unless John comes back, Freddie's going to stay this way for a while.

It's odd, I've hardly ever seen Veronica around either. Even if I would look at the table she would usually sit at she isn't there. It's quite suspicious how she suddenly disappeared if you ask me.

And now here I am, trying not to bounce up and down as Roger is trying to ask me something very crazy that's starting to make me the happiest man alive. Well, he hasn't quite asked me anything yet but it feels like he's leading up to something. I fiddle with the door of my locker my moving it back and forth slightly as he speaks painfully slow.

"Well, you see, I'm not very good at math functions... and you're very smart!" Roger has his hands shoved into his hoodie pockets as he impatiently taps his foot looking up at me with hopeful eyes.

I speak very slowly to indicate for him to keep talking, "Uhuh..."

"And like I said, this homework page that's due on Monday can really help me pass this class..."

"Go on-"

"I was wondering if I could come over to your place after school so you can help me out a little?"

This is when I try to stop an obvious smirk starting to appear on my face, but I don't consider anything with my parents being home and all but I just stammer out, "Oh, yeah, of course! Absolutely!"

The corners of Roger's mouth curve into a smile and he nods, "Sounds good, how long can I stay?"

I don't even properly think of a proper answer as I'm just filled with so much joy that Roger and I can hang out again, just the two of us. I'm also a little frightened because last time that happened I almost embarrassed myself immensely by almost kissing him. But I know for a fact that won't happen this time.

"Y-you can stay as long as you need to learn math, it's not a problem," I say, now putting my hands on my hips confidently. Roger laughs a bit and punches my shoulder playfully, but, not surprisingly, gentle. "Thanks, Bri! After the last period, I'll drive down to your house and I'll wait if I don't notice your car's there."

"Okay..." I say quietly, admiring his excited features as his cheeks are poked out and the cute little shimmer in his eyes looking at me beamingly. I can hardly make out what he says last as he waves shortly and spins around to walk off but I'm clearly distracted. This boy is really doing something to me and I don't know how to really explain it. I guess it feels like my entire heart and brain are being taken over and Roger's just raiding them. This is a great way to end this terrible week.

Roger turns his head to look at me a final time, waving goodbye, and I wave shortly back of course.

I grin widely to myself once I watch him turn the corner. I shut my locker while holding my bag around my shoulder and I start to strode the other way to my last class in happiness, basically almost skipping with joy. Nothing's gonna ruin my mood now!