I9I - Unique Date

I open the door of my car, taking a few thick breaths as I step out. I have finally arrived at this nice-looking park that I had looked upon online. Roger only texted me the address, so I decided the only thing to bring was my phone. I assume I didn't have to bring anything.

As I walk through the entrance of the park, I can't help but think about exactly what kind of food Roger bought for me. I thought he was just going to take me to a fast-food place, or better yet, a restaurant. But no one has all the money in the world. This is a park so I'm assuming maybe he brought something. I have no idea what and I'm getting curious.

I rapidly fall in love with the sight in front of me, the grassy hills and large trees grab my attention for a good minute before I finally decide to start looking for Roger.

I make my way along the brick pathway looking around. I happen to not realize that I made it up a hill before I knew I couldn't see the entrance anymore. I spot a playground in the distance but there are no children to be seen anywhere. In fact, I maybe saw one jogger so far, but no other people. It's like the park is almost empty. I try not to consider if the park was closed or something and I try to recall any sign indicating that, but nothing comes to mind.

I halt in mid-tracks when looking to the right of the playground to see Roger sitting on top of a large red blanket with some kind of basket next to him and his eyes are glued to his lap, and he seems upset about something but I can't tell really what. Otherwise, from his expression, he just looks ravishing as always. From the light-colored jeans all the way to his Beatles t-shirt. I don't think I have ever seen Roger in an actual t-shirt up to this point.

I start making my way over to him and start to speak, "Hey, Rog!"

Roger bolts his head up and straightens his back, "There you are! I've been waiting for a lifetime."

I laugh and finally sit down in front of him, slouching slightly but looking at Roger closely. There are bags under his eyes and they are evolving darker. He looks pretty tired.

"I was actually thinking you weren't going to show."

"Sorry about that." I wonder if it was because I was taking my time looking at the park view. "I think it was just traffic."

Roger grins and gets up on his knees to open up the large basket and starts digging through, "You like the set-up?"

I'm quick to respond without having to really think an answer, "Yeah! This park is really nice, it's almost silent too."

"Glad you like it." Roger pulls out some kind of food bag that might be a bag of chips, and also a clear container without looks to be a salad. He sets the bag down and tries leaning back to me in a weird position to hand me the container. I take it from him so he wouldn't have to bend his back further. "There you go!" He says happily.

Roger leans back up to dig through the basket again, but then stopped and moved back to sit criss-cross once again in front of me and opened his bag of chips.

I open up the lid and place it under the actual container. I'm slightly confused as to why he brought such a big basket for just a bag of chips and salad, so I stare at the container confused.

"Is there something wrong?" Roger questions worryingly. I look up at him and before I can answer, he interrupts, "Fuck, does the salad not look good? I knew it was a bad idea to make it myself-"

"No, no! The salad looks great. Don't worry about it."

Roger seems more panicky than usual, and I wish I could know why without being a nosey asshole again and asking him.

"You sure?" He opens up the bag of chips, "I... I can totally get you something else if you-"

"Rog, please relax. It's nothing to worry about-" I try to calm him down as he rubs his eyes for a moment and then stops to look at me with an apologetic look. "Sorry if I'm being weird, just a little nervous."