Chapter 17

For one, the Torson's house was huge. Upon arrival, Keeva and I had to tell the guard our name in which he placed into a system. The screen displayed our validity then he granted us access into the residence.

As we walked the gravel pavements, we got a better view of the house. It was huge, indeed. Perfectly manicured grass and lanterns along the path that I was certain glowed beautifully at night. As we walked closer, music emanated from speakers and the sound of laughter filled the air. Wow. The pool was huge. I always wondered why we didn't have a pool.

"This house is amazing." Keeva gushed and I nodded, my mouth agape. My eyes bounced around the exterior of the house, the awe never leaving my face. Girls were in bikini tops and shorts and the boys were in swim trunks and t-shirts. 

Before we headed over, I pulled Keeva to the side. "Is there anything you want to tell me?" I asked and she frowned. This was bothering me a lot for the past few days since after Asha told me. I hated that I let something Asha said bother me so much but I would hate for Keeva to keep something from me. More so if it was related to me. Everyone had their secrets. I understood that.

"What do you mean?" She questioned with furrowed brows and I shrugged, adjusting the bag strap on my shoulder. 

"I don't know. I'm just wondering if you're keeping anything from me." Her eyes drifted away then back at me and I watched her closely.

"Why would you think I'm keeping something from you?"

"It's just something I've been asking friends. It's no big deal." I lied and she smiled a little. It never reached her eyes. She locked her hands with mine, pulling me towards the fun.

"Let's go have some fun."

I was now in shorts, a light blue bikini and a white see through throw over top. There were so many seniors here. I was pretty sure mostly everyone got an invite due to how crowded it was. The only people that probably didn't get an invite were the ones who behaved badly or never took part in anything. 

Due to past occurrences, the people who behaved badly always spoiled the party mood or encouraged fights. Game night was a day for fun activities with the seniors. After graduation God knew which part of the world some of us would be. We might never see each other again.

"Okay, let's try Tunnel! The Water Balloon version." Kia chirped and I clapped excitedly. "Groups of ten!" Everyone quickly got into a straight line of ten people and awaited further instructions as the music turned off completely. "There's a twist though. Blindfolds." Loud chatter filled the air as everyone got even more excited. This should be fun.

We were each blindfolded and stood in our lines directly behind each other. So here was how the game went. We were supposed to pass the water balloons onto the next person through our legs. The next person should be directly behind us so that they may receive the balloon. The blindfold made it challenging since we could not see the person's hands. The team that got the balloon to the back first wins. If a team dropped the balloon, they were out. "Ready go!"

Why was this taking so long? They muttered things like 'Where are your hands!' and 'My hands are right here!' as I waited with my hands outstretched. I heard screaming and then a few curse words. "Ow! The water is cold!"

"One team's out!" Kia announced and a few laughter filled the air.

"What the hell is taking so long! My back hurts!" At that exact same time I felt the balloon touched my hands. I grappled for it but couldn't find her hands anymore.

"Wait freeze." The girl said and I paused with my hands still outstretched. I immediately felt the balloon in my hands. She let it go and I swore it was about to fall. It was a huge balloon that was all squashy so I couldn't get a firm hold on it. I fumbled with it for a while before passing it through my legs to the next person who's hands were right there so it was easily passed on.