Chapter 18

I was a bit jumpy after Caspien and I left the room to return to the others to continue our game.

Caspien's actions confused the hell out of me. How could he not expect me to fall in love with him when he did things like that. I was currently questioning my mental state. I realised every thought I had consisted of Caspien. Every move I made was connected to Caspien. I wasn't thinking about Dylan at all. Which was bad. Very bad.

Caspien was sitting closer to me now. Our legs were practically a few inches away from brushing each other. Some of the guys' shirts were way too big for the girls. "Next time we'll have the boys wear the girls' t-shirts." Keeva laughed and all the girls nodded excitedly.

My head unconsciously went down towards the sweater to get a whiff of Caspien's scent. It smelled so good. I closed my eyes as I bit my lip, smiling a little. I opened my eyes and Dylan was watching me with furrowed brows. I sat back up quickly and cleared my throat.

Did he just see me sniffing Caspien's sweater? Shoot! He might get the wrong idea. I glanced at Caspien quickly then returned my gaze back to the front of me. I was falling for Caspien. I didn't want to admit it but my actions were clear. I was wanting someone I could never have. 

I reached for my card, flipping it over as everyone waited patiently. "Recall one lie you have told to a person in this room with you." I read aloud and everyone remained silent. My card had the little note below that exempted me from treading in hot water like the rest of the people here. Lie? Keeva was staring at me weirdly, her hands fiddling with Rob's t-shirt that she was now wearing as pertaining to the previous order from the game. 

Asha gave a dry laugh as a smirk made its way to her face. "We all have a lot of those, don't we?" She was looking right at me when she said it. I stared back at her, my lips pressed into a thin line. "Lenna's friends are so perfect though, of course they won't lie to her." Keeva looked like she was about to pass out. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I didn't actually complete that literature assignment on my own. My sister did all the work." Peter announced, shrugging and I removed my eyes from Keeva.

"To be honest, no one actually believed you did that assignment, Peter." Dylan said and everyone laughed. He got an A in that assignment and believe me, Peter Ross didn't know what an A on his report card looked like. He barely did assignments or worse, attended classes.

"When I said I went on that trip to Italy with my parents for the New Year, I actually lied. My parents hate each other." Abi voiced all of a sudden and everyone quieted. Throughout the years we'd known Abi, she always pretended that her parents' divorce meant nothing to her but we knew otherwise. She pretended to be unfazed but deep down it nagged at her. "Come on, guys! Don't give me that look." She whined, laughing a little but it never reached her eyes. "I admit, I lied. Parents meet and greet is soon and my mom and dad might tear each other apart in the gymnasium." She laughed humorlessly again, taking a long sip of her beer. "So might as well tell the truth now than let everyone find out at the meet and greet."

Abi tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, her eyes sad. Everyone felt sorry for her. The look they were giving her was the look I dreaded they would give me if I let them in on my family problems. So much pity. 

"Fine, okay!" Rob said, throwing his hands up in the air out of excitement. "As already suspected, I was the one who sticky noted the principal's office." He said and everyone groaned as Keeva slapped him upside the head.

"The entire school got detention for this!" Kia said, grinning and I smiled along.

"Although it kind of sucked to get detention, it was also a good prank." I agreed and Keeva and Kia nodded in agreement. "How about you, Dyl?" Dylan was staring off into nowhere. It was as if his body was here but his mind was elsewhere. I nudged him and he sat up straighter, bringing his attention to me. "It's your turn to tell your lie." He nodded slowly with that faraway look in his eyes again.